Sports Interaction has Raptors at 32.5 Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imaginelino wrote: View Post
    So after a rolling out to a 5 - 1 record what feeling to you have going into this season as an over under 32.5 games.

Thoughts?
    I would be very cautious attributing any importance to the preseason. Honestly, I can't see how anyone can have much of a feel for this team given all the new bodies and the big role that is going to be played by a 20-year old centre.

Still, 33 wins seems doable. That's still 16 games below .500, so it's not like it's a Herculean feat.

Comment

we could potentially be anywhere from 4th to 10th imo but the way this squad is playing looks wayyy better than last year and that should turn many of those close games into wins. might be a big homer but the only team i see that is in a different category than us is miami. we're fully capable of beating any other team in the east which was shown last year with a bunch of d-leaguers and no bargnani. this year we have 3 players who should average 15ppg or better which is going to make our offence much better, while on the defensive end were not getting torched by opposing pgs. we are wayyyy under the radar

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        5th seed, second in atlantic.
        Whoa. The is Waaaaay more optimistic than you were sounding before the pre-season. Why the turnaround???

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          I agree.

I see the Raptors as third in the Atlantic division behind Boston and Philadelphia and above Brooklyn(No Bench) and NYK (Big Mess) (wouldn't it be great if the two new york teams were actually bottom feeders, I know I would get a kick out of this).

I see the playoffs standings as:

1.Miami
          2.Boston
          3.Indiana
          4.Philadelphia
          5.Chicago
          6.Atlanta
          7.Toronto
          8. Milwaukee
          As much as i hate those 2 NY teams they wont end up at the bottom. It'll go like this:

1.Boston
          2.Brooklyn
          3.Toronto
          4.NYC
          5.Philly

Playoffs, East:
          1.Miami
          2.Chicago
          3.Indiana
          4.Boston
          5.Brooklyn
          6.Atlanta
          7.Toronto
          8.NYC

This is the most realistic i can see it being

Comment

Our team is actually really weird right now. Cause none of us know how good we actually are. Like last night against milwaukee we kept it close the entire time and it looked like we were barely trying. Kyle lowry just calmly pulls up and puts the nail in coffin from deep. Then we had a game where we lit up the Knicks like time square. Our team is looking like the denver nuggets of the east with a little bit of Okc sprinkled on top. Only time will tell how good we really are or will be

Comment

Guys...?

Why are all of you in consensus of Chicago and Boston doing well? Its as if Chicago didn't lose their entire bench mob and DRose, and Boston isnt incredibly old and on the decline (and Ray Allen-less)...

Atlantic division looks to be:
              1.Brooklyn
              2.Philly
              3.Toronto
              4.Boston
              5.New York

Eastern Conference:
              1.Miami
              2.Indiana
              3.Brooklyn
              4.Philly
              5.Chicago
              6.Toronto
              7.Boston
              8.Atlanta

Seriously, Chicago going 3rd???? Who do they have over Dwill,GWallace, JJohnson, Brook Lopez?
              Boston is going to disappoint so many of you, they will barely stumble into the playoffs ONLY because of their veteran experience and Rajon rondo.
              Milwaukee, Atlanta, Boston, and Toronto will fight for 6-8 seed.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Dude Boston will finish top 5 easy and same with chicago. Frankly the top 5 don't mean shit to me, they were in no particular order. I just threw in the top 5 teams in the east that will make the playoffs for sure, the bottom 3 is what we're focusing on here. So calm down man!

Comment

NoPropsneeded, Why exactly do you think Boston and Chicago will do so well??

Boston was 0.591% last year!!! The offseason did not make them BETTER, it made them WORSE. Losing Ray allen is HUGE. KG was already showing signs of deterioration last season, and Paul Pierce will not be able to compensate what has been lost! There is nothing holding them afloat, no bench, nada. I see them coming eerily close to the 0.500 line, which is Raptor territory. Raptors I believe can beat the Celtics.

Chicago lost EVERYTHING in the offseason. Asik, Kyle Korver, C.J. Watson, Ronnie Brewer, John Lucas III and Mike James. That is the entire Bench Mob that TORE the Eastern Conference last season (without DRose)
                  Who was added? Hinrich, Vladimir Radmanovic, Nazr Mohammad and Marco Belinelli. Really?? Do you think that the extreme team chemistry that made the BEST interior and wing defending team in the NBA possible will be coming back this season? You think that Deng, Noah, and Boozer can compete with the likes of Brooklyn, Indiana, and Philly (Obviously not Miami). I dont even think they can compete with Toronto (though i left them at 5th to be nice).

I would like to see why people are so high on Chicago and Boston after this summer.

Comment

i think boston will win the east to be honest
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Whoa. The is Waaaaay more optimistic than you were sounding before the pre-season. Why the turnaround???
                      me? ive always been one of the ones that thought they'd make the playoffs. i just like the chemistry ive already seen, and its only going to get better barring someone becoming a cancer.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

but whyyyyy?

Comment

we have a much better team than chicago without d rose

Comment

Thank you d749!!!!!!

Please someone formulate a good argument as to why Boston and Chicago should not be expecting a large drop-off in wins this season!!!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Dude Boston will finish top 5 easy and same with chicago. Frankly the top 5 don't mean shit to me, they were in no particular order. I just threw in the top 5 teams in the east that will make the playoffs for sure, the bottom 3 is what we're focusing on here. So calm down man!
                              enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              but whyyyyy?
                              grown man rondo

Comment

i dont think kg fell off last year. he actually resurged at the 5 and most of his numbers went up. jason terry replaces ray allen, and jeff green gets back from injury. rondo+anyone=playoffs, so the math works out too.

Comment

Working...
                                X