Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sports Interaction has Raptors at 32.5 Over

Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sports Interaction has Raptors at 32.5 Over

So after a rolling out to a 5 - 1 record what feeling to you have going into this season as an over under 32.5 games.
    The team is looking tight and seems Dwane Casey has these guys dialed in on D. 32.5 seems low so knowing what we know of our own team, I'm thinking of betting the over, and it looks a lot closer to 40 (dare I say more)..

Thoughts?
    Last edited by imaginelino; Tue Oct 23rd, 2012 at 12:18 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think we're going to get in at that 7th spot and we'll end up 3rd in our division. book that shit!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i think we're going to get in at that 7th spot and we'll end up 3rd in our division. book that shit!
    Assuming we continue to play this well and nothing horrible goes wrong (knock on wood).

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I agree.

I see the Raptors as third in the Atlantic division behind Boston and Philadelphia and above Brooklyn(No Bench) and NYK (Big Mess) (wouldn't it be great if the two new york teams were actually bottom feeders, I know I would get a kick out of this).

I see the playoffs standings as:

1.Miami
    2.Boston
    3.Indiana
    4.Philadelphia
    5.Chicago
    6.Atlanta
    7.Toronto
    8. Milwaukee

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

There will be definitely some 8th seed battling between TOR NY MIL

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Torintoo will winn, we are more intact than new york... the fact that they would be fighting for eighth is enough to break Carmelo Anthony's pride!!

Raptors Republic Rookie alexaussie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been saying since the start of the off-season that we are going to make the playoffs.
    The play in the pre-season, particularly how good Jonas has looked, has me even more confident.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think they'll be lucky to snatch the 8th seed. Preseason doesn't mean crap.

That being said, I think JV looks far better than I expected so soon. The numbers will be deceiving but once this team is in the playoff battle you'll start hearing lots of talking heads down south talking about how much they really like him and how he does all the "little things" that perhaps the casual fan doesn't notice and that don't necessarily show up in a box score.

Y'know, the things we'll have been lauding him for 6 months for doing and putting all these "experts" on blast in comments sections of their columns for ignoring while they hype up the box score beasts.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I agree.

I see the Raptors as third in the Atlantic division behind Boston and Philadelphia and above Brooklyn(No Bench) and NYK (Big Mess) (wouldn't it be great if the two new york teams were actually bottom feeders, I know I would get a kick out of this).

1.Miami
    2.Boston
    3.Indiana
    4.Philadelphia
    5.Chicago
    6.Atlanta
    7.Toronto
    8. Milwaukee
    While I would like for us to take that 7th seed, New Jersey may have something to say about us or the Bucks locking up a top 8 guarantee. It is going to be a battle for sure, I expect that the teams in the East in spots 6-10 will be separated by only 4 or 5 games.

Post Thanks / Like

8th seed.

Below .500 - barely.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sticking with a 38 win prediction. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we fall just short of the 8th seed.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i worte us down for playoffs/roy/coy/eoy and i am sticking with it.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Same model I used last year says 44% winning percentage so I will predict 36 wins + or - 2.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Eighth seed or bust. Seriously, if the Raptors make the playoffs they will be considered a success. If they fail I won't be interested in any rationale for failure such as injuries, inexperience, or "damn, I didn't have any clue that the Bobcats and Wizards would be this good!"

Go Raptors!

Post Thanks / Like

5th seed, second in atlantic.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote imaginelino wrote: View Post
    So after a rolling out to a 5 - 1 record what feeling to you have going into this season as an over under 32.5 games.

Thoughts?
    I would be very cautious attributing any importance to the preseason. Honestly, I can't see how anyone can have much of a feel for this team given all the new bodies and the big role that is going to be played by a 20-year old centre.

Still, 33 wins seems doable. That's still 16 games below .500, so it's not like it's a Herculean feat.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

we could potentially be anywhere from 4th to 10th imo but the way this squad is playing looks wayyy better than last year and that should turn many of those close games into wins. might be a big homer but the only team i see that is in a different category than us is miami. we're fully capable of beating any other team in the east which was shown last year with a bunch of d-leaguers and no bargnani. this year we have 3 players who should average 15ppg or better which is going to make our offence much better, while on the defensive end were not getting torched by opposing pgs. we are wayyyy under the radar

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    5th seed, second in atlantic.
    Whoa. The is Waaaaay more optimistic than you were sounding before the pre-season. Why the turnaround???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I agree.

1.Miami
    2.Boston
    3.Indiana
    4.Philadelphia
    5.Chicago
    6.Atlanta
    7.Toronto
    8. Milwaukee
    As much as i hate those 2 NY teams they wont end up at the bottom. It'll go like this:

1.Boston
    2.Brooklyn
    3.Toronto
    4.NYC
    5.Philly

Playoffs, East:
    1.Miami
    2.Chicago
    3.Indiana
    4.Boston
    5.Brooklyn
    6.Atlanta
    7.Toronto
    8.NYC

This is the most realistic i can see it being

Post Thanks / Like

Our team is actually really weird right now. Cause none of us know how good we actually are. Like last night against milwaukee we kept it close the entire time and it looked like we were barely trying. Kyle lowry just calmly pulls up and puts the nail in coffin from deep. Then we had a game where we lit up the Knicks like time square. Our team is looking like the denver nuggets of the east with a little bit of Okc sprinkled on top. Only time will tell how good we really are or will be

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information