Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Raps uniforms are ugly?

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps jerseys are not ugly or anything, just boring as hell.

How do we go from Dinos on the front to nothing?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty telling that in the segment, there's only a couple seconds of image of the actual Raptors jersey, and about three times that much footage of our mascot. Sounds like what he doesn't like is the whole dinosaur metaphor, which is now actually pretty minimal everywhere other than in the mascot. I bet this guy doesn't even know what the current Raptors uniforms look like. They deserves credit for moving the design in a much more sophisticated, less cartoony direction. I think the Raptors jerseys are middle of the pack... tweak the type a bit, and it would be solid.

As a western canadian, I do appreciate the canadian touches on the jersey, but I wouldn't want to see the Raptors move any further toward a national identity. The current approach is enough in that regard.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

As a sidebar, I think that one of the great franchise namings was that of the Toronto Blue Jays. Labatt's owned them and their major product is Labatt's Blue and so the baseball team became a great vehicle to get the product name out there as in "your Labatt's Blue Jays baseball" as the saying went.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    oh god, ther really is no accounting for taste is there?

I think the current set are among the best of the "new era" jerseys. Personally hate the yellow Lakers Jerseys and the Utah ones.
    Im not sure if I should take you seriously after you said you hate the lakers jersey. The Lakers have one of the best colour schemes in the league, you can never go wrong with purple and gold. If you think our current jersey look good then you must not have much taste. I feel its too basic, this jersey feels out of place when you look at other teams in the league. I think the purple jerseys are better looking with the purple front and black backs. The only thing I think that needs to be changed should be the font on the letters possibly something more graphic would be look good.

Post Thanks / Like

those purple joints were the absolute worst

i somewhat like the black ones, just hate the piping along the sides and the neck.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

we need a change. Something to a different colour way, and logo design on the jerseys. Ours isn't overall ugly, just plain, damn boring.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They could make the claw into a really nice logo, whether they go back to purple or even blue. The center court right now is probably as boring as a claw gets

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    They need to bring back the purple dino's
    When did we have purple dino's?

You aren't confusing this

with your favorite "actor" growing up, were you?

hehehehehee

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned above, I don't think he has a problem with the style. It's the fact that our identity comes from the fact that we came into existence at the same time as Jurassic Park. Not much of a legacy to go on. I remember thinking that it was so short sighted at the time. What connection do we have to a dinosaur?! Have to admit, he called us out correctly on that. Does anyone remember that article that once reassigned all the names in the NBA to make them make sense? In an unrelated subject, did anyone else notice that the banner ad on the first page is a Kirsty Alley add for Poise? Who gave them the demographics for the republic? Or does it have to do with my computer? hmmmmm...never mind.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    When did we have purple dino's?

You aren't confusing this

with your favorite "actor" growing up, were you?

hehehehehee
    I meant the jersey's genius. And that wasn't really funny at all, better luck next time.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

im glad the purple jerseys are done. still, we should be the toronto huskies

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    Im not sure if I should take you seriously after you said you hate the lakers jersey. The Lakers have one of the best colour schemes in the league, you can never go wrong with purple and gold. If you think our current jersey look good then you must not have much taste. I feel its too basic, this jersey feels out of place when you look at other teams in the league. I think the purple jerseys are better looking with the purple front and black backs. The only thing I think that needs to be changed should be the font on the letters possibly something more graphic would be look good.
    Hahaha, nice but I think I'll trust my client list and paycheck to determine my taste rather than you. I'm a graphic artist and straight up, it's YELLOW, not GOLD. They call it gold but it's not even close. Wizards had that awful throwback with gold/black/white scheme on it but at least that was GOLD. The white/purple/yellow Lakers jerseys are pretty tight but the yellow ones are an eyesore.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    Agreed.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the only thing worse than purple, would be pink.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha, nice but I think I'll trust my client list and paycheck to determine my taste rather than you. I'm a graphic artist and straight up, it's YELLOW, not GOLD. They call it gold but it's not even close. Wizards had that awful throwback with gold/black/white scheme on it but at least that was GOLD. The white/purple/yellow Lakers jerseys are pretty tight but the yellow ones are an eyesore.
    LOL I clearly picked a fight with the wrong guy. I'm just saying the raptors uniforms really needs a complete overhaul. I do agree with is the alternate home jersey for the lakers is pretty dope. glad you pointed out how atrocious the wizards throwback looked.

What do you guys think about the new threads the nuggets are sporting this year?

Last edited by Ambidextrious; Wed Oct 24th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yeah, the only thing worse than purple, would be pink.
    Are you kidding me you must not know what purple represents. its one of the most powerful colours in my opinion.

Purple combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. Purple is associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. It conveys wealth and extravagance. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic.
    http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html

Post Thanks / Like

better than their more "flamboyant" predecessors but still a little like a bad flashback to the early 80's.

LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

better than their more "flamboyant" predecessors but still a little like a bad flashback to the early 80's.
    +1 aahhh the 80's are back again!! lool the use of the rainbow pattern was quite suspicious if you ask me
    Last edited by Ambidextrious; Wed Oct 24th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    Are you kidding me you must not know what purple represents. its one of the most powerful colours in my opinion.

http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html
    I'm not too interested in what a colour wheel says about purple. It's still heavily leans towards femininity. There's a reason why you don't see many purple (or pink) cars on the road.

Or better yet, check the toy section at any department store, and see which two colours dominate the girls' side.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Oct 24th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    +2.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information