Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Raps uniforms are ugly?

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm not too interested in what a colour wheel says about purple. It's still heavily leans towards femininity. There's a reason why you don't see many purple (or pink) cars on the road.

Or better yet, check the toy section at any department store, and see which two colours dominate the girls' side.
    How do you expect anyone to give credit to your examples when there is no viable evidence to back your claims. Its just coming off as you having some insecurity with your masculinity.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They were wearing this???!!!! after what did the rainbow became flag of, you know, those guys? ;D

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    How do you expect anyone to give credit to your examples when there is no viable evidence to back your claims. Its just coming off as you having some insecurity with your masculinity.
    lol

I'll just stick to liking the red uniforms better than purple. The fine folks at MLSE seem to agree with me.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    haha now those are the best unis.. ever.

Anyone heard anything about the Raptors wearing the retro purple this season for retro games?

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the annual jersey thread! There's nothing I love more when dudes that live in their mom's basement and/or 40 something year olds that dress business casual when they're not even at work comment on fashion. The same goes for sports writers.

I'm sorry but the truth is the greater majority of hardcore sports fans have pretty bad fashion sense. Sorry I said it.

Personally I think the Raptors name and logo is so bad it's good. I bought one of those 'retro' (yeah it was called retro) purple hats with the original Raptor logo this year and I get an insane amount of compliments on it. I honestly think they'll be wearing that jersey again soon, probably not permanently but a few night a year. The 90's are in now, the 80's are done, son.

FWIW I think the new Nuggets and Cavs jerseys are pretty nice. And the new Nets jerseys are pretty bad-ass. I'm also a believer or not changing your logo every 10 years.

Anyway, it's all opinion.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought our jerseys were cool

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah apparently they will. Don't know why. If they are going to wear non huskies retros I'd like to see the hideous originals with the "pin stripes".
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried to pull off something what I would like to see, thanks for project thirty four for awesome jersey stock.

after spending 4 hours on these, this is where I got lazy, some flaws visible.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the blue ones but having the claw instead of the old raptor logo. And I like the first ones too
    Last edited by wallz; Wed Oct 24th, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Tried to pull off something what I would like to see, thanks for project thirty four for awesome jersey stock.

after spending 4 hours on these, this is where I got lazy, some flaws visible.

The first one looks fantastic. I'd be happy if it was our real one. Good job.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'all are lame. The Purple jersies with the raptor on them were awesome!

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When I think purple I think of tinki winky and what the Rev Jerry Fwhat's his name said about that partciular tella tubby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

lol, these were hideous! It's something Flava Flav would design.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

+100
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

People nowadays really like minimalistic jerseys, everybody's gashing that brooklyns new jerseys are so nice, but they're black and white, nothing original about that, I would rather see the raps playing in those jerseys than black and white ones

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    People nowadays really like minimalistic jerseys, everybody's gashing that brooklyns new jerseys are so nice, but they're black and white, nothing original about that, I would rather see the raps playing in those jerseys than black and white ones
    I agree with you about disliking the current minimalist trend, but those old Raptors jerseys were downright hideous! Barney the dinosaur on steroids, floating in a deep purple haze wasteland, caged in by either barbed wire or lightning bolts??? Plus, I count 5 different colors (black, white, purple, red and gray)... and why are the "T" and "S" capitalized? It was such a mish-mash, based on an overhyped movie that had no relevance to Toronto!

There's got to be a happy medium between the two!
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Oct 25th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I agree with you about disliking the current minimalist trend, but those old Raptors jerseys were downright hideous! Barney the dinosaur on steroids, floating in a deep purple haze wasteland, caged in by either barbed wire or lightning bolts??? Plus, I count 5 different colors (black, white, purple, red and gray)... and why are the "T" and "S" capitalized? It was such a mish-mash, based on an overhyped movie that had no relevance to Toronto!

There's got to be a happy medium between the two!
    LOL, I never noticed the capitalization before. Now I hate these jerseys even more.

And what's with the mini triangles above the last name? Looks like a giant eyebrow. Is a gray-haired Bart Simpson about to peek through?

Man, those jerseys were awful (on so many levels).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    LOL, I never noticed the capitalization before. Now I hate these jerseys even more.

And what's with the mini triangles above the last name? Looks like a giant eyebrow. Is a gray-haired Bart Simpson about to peek through?

Man, those jerseys were awful (on so many levels).
    I always thought they were supposed to be dinosaur teeth, but to me it reminded me more of the spikes on the back of a stegosauras... which was odd, since we're specifically the Raptors...

Post Thanks / Like

What's REALLY funny is that new archeological evidence suggests that velociraptors (in addition to many other dinosaur species) were actually feathered creatures, looking more like giant, flightless birds.

I'm glad we don't have an ostrich on our chests....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information