Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA getting rid of the Center position on the All-Star ballot... Good/Bad for Bargs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA getting rid of the Center position on the All-Star ballot... Good/Bad for Bargs?

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/10/23/a...lot/index.html

How does this affect his chances?
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

I like it.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
      I like it.
      +1 You than can vote for a front-court consisting of Stoudemire, Bosh, and Garnett. Or Melo, LeBron, Deng. In terms of choosing a front-court, it's versatile. Bargnani a better chance so you can add in another forward.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

i don't like all star voting. gms/coaches should get silent ballots at the end of november then those names should be shown to the public to get votes. i don't like being told who is going to be an allstar before any games are played.

you get guys like lebron/durant who of course belong but bargs doesn't deserve being on a list and neither does derozan.

for the original question i think it shows the lack of real centers in the game right now that they have to mix it up like this.

Comment

I don't think it helps at all. There are still a ton of forwards who are head and shoulders better/more popular than AB.

KG, PP
          Al Horford, Josh Smith
          Melo, Amare, Tyson
          Gerald Wallace, Lopez
          LBJ, Bosh
          Ilyasova
          Noah, Boozer
          Bynum
          Monroe
          Hibbert, West
          Nene

Even if you eliminate 2/3rds of these guys AB still needs a MONSTER season to get anywhere close to the ASG.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Bargnani had a better chance of making it as a centre than a forward. Sorry Il Mago.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Bargnani had a better chance of making it as a centre than a forward. Sorry Il Mago.
              +1 im not sure how this affects Jonas going down the road if he develops into allstar material. he is clearly a legitimate center..
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I guess my thoughts are that I have no problem removing the C position from the ballot, but I'm not sure I like grouping all 3 frontcourt positions together. I dread the possibility of something like a Pierce, Melo, Lebron frontcourt. Or even a Josh Smith, Melo, Lebron frontcourt. There are definitely problems with the old ballot, but I would like to see the C category just changed to "big men". It makes selection different...maybe have all the categories equally sized and have people just pick any 5. I would just like to keep some kind of aspect the encourages people to acknowledge the play of bigs.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this change is only for the starters right? Bargnani (or JV) would almost never be voted by fans I would think.. coaches would still choose the rest of the players.. so Bargnani (or JV, or Lowry) should still have a chance to be represented.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I'm not sure how I feel about this. I guess my thoughts are that I have no problem removing the C position from the ballot, but I'm not sure I like grouping all 3 frontcourt positions together. I think the NBA's ballot has long been outdated...they use the C, 2 forwards and 2 guards as a format. I think this is not so bad in general. I think having them as forwards and guards is good since it can give a chance to tweeners...but that there should still be a way to make sure bigs get rewarded. I fear for the possibility of something like a Melo, Lebron, Pierce all-star frontcourt...that's extremely unappealing.
                    I feel like this was done so exactly that could happen (more flashy wings in the starting 5). They should just have it as pg's, wings, and bigs. Its the most logical way IMO

Comment

He could always go as an usher.

Comment

As for JV, when all of Lithuania votes for him he'll be in regardless if they remove the Centre position from the ballot. Kidding. Sort of.

Comment

Thornbury wrote: View Post
                          As for JV, when all of Lithuania votes for him he'll be in regardless if they remove the Centre position from the ballot. Kidding. Sort of.
                          Olga was the most popular girl in town after her family bought the 28.8 kilobits per second modem, all the boys would visit from as far as 3 villages over to vote for their favourite American basketball athlete.

Comment

Working...
                          X