Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Harden traded to Houston

Houston gets:
    James Harden, Lazar Haywood, Cole Aldrich and Daequan Cook.

OKC get:
    Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Martin and "significant" future draft considerations.

Massive, massive deal.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Huuuuuuuugeeee deal!

Does OKC get better or worse? Time will tell but they got back some decent pieces. Harden should flourish in Houston now that he's more of a "top-dog".

Comment

Thunder get the raptors pick we gave to Houston, Dallas' pick and charlottes 2nd round as well. That's huge for the future but hurts them now.

Comment

OKC did very well acquiring two future 1st rounders, Lamb and future flexibility(Martin). I think it's a little too much for Harden. I think Houston will regret this trade.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Just heard the news. This makes things in the West very interesting.

I think OKC messed up.

Comment

Harden can take over in houston now. OKC got a pretty good deal but K Mart won't be able to contribute much besides scoring.

Comment

This guy is not productive to the point of demanding a max deal. The Rockets made a mistake.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                Just heard the news. This makes things in the West very interesting.

I think OKC messed up.
                I think they preferred doing a deal now rather than having the questions all year and dealing with all that BS. I don't think it's a terrible deal for them, but time will tell. All depends if Lamb pans out to the expectation of a year ago, when he was projected pretty high. Martin helps with the scoring for this season.

Comment

Essentially Lamb, 2 x 1st round picks & 1 x 2nd round pick for Harden (Martin is a rental player for OKC and they dumped some backup contracts). Assuming Houston extends him for max money, that's a lot to giveup for Harden! He was awful in the playoffs last year and seems to prefer being a super 6th man to being 'the man' with all the pressure on him. Huge gamble for Houston and a great haul for OKC!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Essentially Lamb, 2 x 1st round picks & 1 x 2nd round pick for Harden (Martin is a rental player for OKC and they dumped some backup contracts). Assuming Houston extends him for max money, that's a lot to giveup for Harden! He was awful in the playoffs last year and seems to prefer being a super 6th man to being 'the man' with all the pressure on him. Huge gamble for Houston and a great haul for OKC!
                    +1
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Harden was awful in the finals. He was sub par in the conference semifinals, too. Otherwise Harden played like the true all star he is in the first round and in the conference finals where he shot 60% from 3 point range.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/james_harden/

Comment

A few years from now this will be considered to be a lopsided deal of epic proportion right up there with the Garnett trade to the Celtics and Vince Carter to the Nets. The team that gets the most talented player in these deals almost always comes out on top.

Comment

Wow.

Wasn't James harden a restricted free agent?! wouldn't have been better for OKC to wait it out until the end of the season where they were in a better position to win the championship?! I mean its a good deal for the future for OKC but they could have let this played out longer.

On the other hand I don't blame them, kudos for shipping a guy out who wanted alot more then he was worth.

Comment

You gotta commend OKC for their balls, and skills. Great trade for the future, Harden was a good 6th man and had a great personality. But, with Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka getting big money deals, he was set to get one too. And that would cripple the rest of their team in the future, now they get a chance to bring other good young scorers off the bench, get draft picks and build for the future. Harden wasn't an integral part of their team, and could easily (not fully, but still pretty well) be replaced by both Lamb and KMart this year, and their draft picks to come will be insane considering they are a championship contender. It's a great move for them. How many contending teams can have the luxury of having multiple top draft picks TO COME?

Comment

I think this is a great trade for OKC now and in the future.

Martin can be resigned with Bird Rights at likely nearly half the cost of Harden - all the while Lamb is developing.

They have added some nice assets as well in the picks.

Presti is incredible.

Houston essentially traded Martin, Lamb, Lowry, Lakers 1st round pick, Bobcats 2nd round pick for Harden, Cook, Aldrich, and Hayward. I dunno...... Harden is a good player but that is a lot of assets to give up.

Comment

Working...
                              X