Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: James Harden traded to Houston

Post Thanks / Like

Late to the party, but I just want to say OKC definitely did the smart thing and their haul is actually really good. Lamb will be a better 3 and d player than Sefalosha sooner than later and Martin will probably average like 16 ppg off the bench provided he stays healthy. And then there's the draft picks.

I like Harden and everything but he's not a #1 guy and definitely not worth max money. As pretty much the only scoring option on that rockets team I predict by January we'll see lots of "Harden should have just taken OKC's first offer" posts.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

This is from Grantland,

Before the 2009 draft, Harden (considered to be a top-five pick) e-mailed Presti pushing for Oklahoma City to select him third overall. See, Harden disliked being "The Man" at Arizona State. He hated the pressure of delivering game after game after game. He didn't need 20 shots a game. He'd rather become the third-best player on a great team than the best player on a forgettable one. If anything, playing with Durant and Westbrook was perfect for him. James Harden wanted to make sure Sam Presti knew that. So he e-mailed him to make sure.
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...harden-dilemma

Not, i repeat, NOT the characteristc of a dude id throw max money at, much less trade draft picks and a young stud like Lamb for.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow check out Harden giving the win to Houston with 37 points 6 rebounds, 4 steals 12 assists and going 4-10 from the 3 pointer.....

Maybe OKC should have given him the money he wanted......

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would never have expected a stat line like that from Harden.. thats impressive, he's a great playmaker

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

insane, i wish derozan was that good. He better prove us wrong this season

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He wasn't finished yet, I'm getting the feeling he's just getting started. His line tonight against Atlanta: 45pts on 14-19 2-4 3pt 15-17 fts 7 rebounds 2 assists. What a game by Harden, OKC must wish they never traded him. Seems like Harden is doing everything in his power to make them regret it. Love it!

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

James Harden sort of reminds me of Gilbert Arenas in the "Agent Zero" days. He is just playing with a chip on his shoulder. Really fun to watch. And Lin/Asik have been great too.

Once again, I think OKC messed up.

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    He wasn't finished yet, I'm getting the feeling he's just getting started. His line tonight against Atlanta: 45pts on 14-19 2-4 3pt 15-17 fts 7 rebounds 2 assists. What a game by Harden, OKC must wish they never traded him. Seems like Harden is doing everything in his power to make them regret it. Love it!
    Harden might show everyone that he may deserve to be called the best shooting guard in this league.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Future of the Rockets

Lin/Douglas
    Harden/SG
    Parsons/R.White
    Jones/M.Morris/
    C/Asik

What the Rockets need is a defensive C, possibly veteran hall of famer C to play alongside Lin and Harden, they might try and pry either Greg Monroe, Hibbert, Cousins, or DeAndre Jordan from their current teams or they could win the lottery this year and draft Nerlens Noel. Then, they will truly be a contender in the West.

Harden from what I see, has definitely become one of the best SG to play in this league, could run up for MVP this year, let's hope he continues. Moses delivers.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    The Future of the Rockets

Lin/Douglas
    Harden/SG
    Parsons/R.White
    Jones/M.Morris/
    C/Asik

What the Rockets need is a defensive C, possibly veteran hall of famer C to play alongside Lin and Harden, they might try and pry either Greg Monroe, Hibbert, Cousins, or DeAndre Jordan from their current teams or they could win the lottery this year and draft Nerlens Noel. Then, they will truly be a contender in the West.

Harden from what I see, has definitely become one of the best SG to play in this league, could run up for MVP this year, let's hope he continues. Moses delivers.
    Yeah, they need a defensive C; that Asik guy is offense only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Yeah, they need a defensive C; that Asik guy is offense only.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information