Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landry Fields' shot...

...has a serious hitch in its giddy-up

So a friend called me a few days ago and said "hey Tim (that's me) I got free tickets to the raptors game (against the Bucks) You like basketball right?"

I said, "No I just eat sleep breathe and shit the stuff".

He said, " You wanna come with?"

I said. "Does the Pope shit in the woods?"

ANYWHO...

being so close (damn near court side) brought up a big concern for me. Landry Fields has an ugly hitch in his shot just before the point of release. I got the chance to watch this close up and it bothered me. His wrist flicks forward in way that takes the flow from ankle to finger tip and throws a giant log in the middle of the shot. You see this a lot with young players (OBA) etc who are nervous about shooting a free throw. I wish I could dig up a video to prove this but I'm lazy. Anyway, the fact that this has yet to be corrected at the professional level disturbs me a bit. Now I only noticed this with free throws because the whole process is slowed down BUT if that same hitch is anywhere to be found in his regular stroke, I don't think you will see any increase in his FG%.

Regards,
    Tim
    Last edited by thead; Sun Oct 28, 2012, 03:32 PM.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

I thought for a second that Landry got shot

Comment

I should add an apostrophe

how do I edit the title of a thread?
      Last edited by thead; Sun Oct 28, 2012, 03:32 PM.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        I thought for a second that Landry got shot
        Yeah me too. This sorta scared the crap out of me.

Comment

I have seen the problem with his shot too. Its like a momentary stop in the flow. Shack had the same problem but even more pronounced and we all know how bad his percentages were. He needs to stand in front of the basket with the ball cocked in one hand and simply flick the ball over the rim for a few hours to get the smooth flow to his release. I use that with players I coach.

Comment

Profster wrote: View Post
            I have seen the problem with his shot too. Its like a momentary stop in the flow. Shack had the same problem but even more pronounced and we all know how bad his percentages were. He needs to stand in front of the basket with the ball cocked in one hand and simply flick the ball over the rim for a few hours to get the smooth flow to his release. I use that with players I coach.
            Definitely, this is something I practice quite a bit when I go a few weeks without playing to get my shot back. You'd think the coaches would be all over him with trying to fix his shot.. as the starting 3, his three point threat could make or break the season

Comment

His hitch is not caused by the physical, but rather the mental manifesting itself in a physical way. This is what golfers call the yips and has them for sure, just like Shaq. They stem from a fear of missing shots and are very hard to get rid of.

Comment

Hopefully he fixes it. We need him to be a threat from deep or else he'll be almost useless on offense

Comment

3, D, and some nice cuts is what we need from LF.

Comment

Yup, I've noticed the weird mechanics too. His shot doesn't look off, it's downright broken.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                      Yeah me too. This sorta scared the crap out of me.
                      I thought Raptor_11's comment was already hilarious, this one went over the top!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Hopefully he fixes it. We need him to be a threat from deep or else he'll be almost useless on offense
                        I beg to differ, hehehe. the guy is a cutting machine. one of those rare guys who knows how to cut underneath and does not care if he's getting the ball or not. so far, even though its only preseason games, i can see he's going to be a very, very good piece moving forward. that albatross of a contract is starting to look less and less disgusting.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                          I beg to differ, hehehe. the guy is a cutting machine. one of those rare guys who knows how to cut underneath and does not care if he's getting the ball or not. so far, even though its only preseason games, i can see he's going to be a very, very good piece moving forward. that albatross of a contract is starting to look less and less disgusting.
                          Still tho. That 3 point shot is what we desperately need in that starting lineup, 3 dudes that can hit from deep

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Still tho. That 3 point shot is what we desperately need in that starting lineup, 3 dudes that can hit from deep
                            Got that already. Lowry, Bargs, and Amir whenever he is relieving Jonas. :-)

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Got that already. Lowry, Bargs, and Amir whenever he is relieving Jonas. :-)
                              Amir don't count. So its only Nani and Lowry, Fields needs to get that shot back

Comment

Working...
                              X