Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Hitting the ground running... are we ready?... (vs IND Pacers Halloween night)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't to upset by the last second shot.. it wouldn't have mattered who took it. We don't have a closer (and Lowry isn't really one). What bothered me was the defense on West. Casey should have called a timeout, then brought in both JV and Gray to help snuff out West. Bargs and Amir were horrible defending him.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      ...Bargnani/Fields/DeRozan were garbage. If one of those guys shows up, Raps win by 10.
      Bargnani played great defence. Had two blocks and played very good man defence. I saw two mistake son help defence but the rest was solid. He hit some important shots and was okay from the free throw line. I will take the Bargs we saw this game all season long. His % will improve but his defence doesn't have to for him to stay in the warm part of my heart.

Comment

Yet another terrific performance from the Raptor wings. Hopefully $61 million gets them more than that.

On the bright side, JV is gonna be just fine. He more than held is own against Hibbert. Thought Casey should have flipped him over to West late.

Lowry was terrific. Calderon was good. Jose is our best SG cause he can, you know, shoot. Like seeing him and Lowry out there together.

Comment

Anyone else surprised by Anderson? That guys a menace. 3 steals and great defense...very impressed.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Absolutely.

Ahhh shucks! and Nice try! are not good enough.

The Raps should have won this game. The only consolation is they nearly won and Bargnani/Fields/DeRozan were garbage. If one of those guys shows up, Raps win by 10.
            I'm not being an apologist. When the game comes down to the fact that the refs had to review a play to decide who gets the ball for the last chance at the win you can't say it was all their fault. You can't look at a quarter in isolation...you had to look at the whole game. The team that played the fourth quarter was the same one that played the third. If you can't see the silver lining on a loss to a potential number 2 seed, good on you for being a dedicated fan but it's going to be a long year. It feels gross to lose like this but I liked a lot of what I saw tonight.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              Yet another terrific performance from the Raptor wings. Hopefully $61 million gets them more than that.

On the bright side, JV is gonna be just fine. He more than held is own against Hibbert. Thought Casey should have flipped him over to West late.

Lowry was terrific. Calderon was good. Jose is our best SG cause he can, you know, shoot. Like seeing him and Lowry out there together.
              Especially since Lowry is tough enough to guard opposing SGs. Very few wings have post-up skill nowadays, so Lowry's lack of height may not hurt him in these situations.

Lowry, Calderon and Anderson might be our best perimeter lineup.....wow :|

Comment

I just wanna say that this was THE worst officiated game I've ever witnessed. Those refs need to be fucking fired. What kind of moronic refs were at the game today? worst officiating ever! And DeRozan needs to live up to that 40 mill.

Comment

i like fields as a person and whatever but holy shit does he need to step it up. if not, hopefully BC can pull another hedo-like trade with him.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Fields needs to get that shot back, like seriously. Wtf is wrong with him?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      I just wanna say that this was THE worst officiated game I've ever witnessed. Those refs need to be fucking fired. What kind of moronic refs were at the game today? worst officiating ever!
                      What was the point of the fucking replay?! Green hand clearly extended above Calderon but the Refs weren't "sure" so they didn't over rule the their original ruling. I knew right there and then that's all folks!! Replay my ass!!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Fields needs to get that shot back, like seriously. Wtf is wrong with him?
                        He looked like he was 59 years old out there.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          What was the point of the fucking replay?! Green hand clearly extended above Calderon but the Refs weren't "sure" so they didn't over rule the their original ruling. I knew right there and then that's all folks!! Replay my ass!!
                          What I find is ridiculous is that one ref initially called it Toronto ball, but they came together and changed it to Indiana ball.. THEN they reviewed it, but it wasn't enough evidence to over-rule the 'initial call'. My question is why the heck did they call it Indiana ball if they were going to check the replay anyway. It changed the outcome of the game

Comment

Inability to execute late in the game killed the Raps tonight.

Close games like that, the ball gotta go to Lowry's hand.

But anyway, Indiana's a great team and they played well tonight. But still, the Raps almost beat them. Should've beat them actually. Gotta execute better next time.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

and i think landry should have been in the game late instead of caldy. We needed that D and rebounding and our starting unit was tearing it up in the 3rd. But i guess its all part of the process, 3 new starters so i guess you cant blame em. Lets give em a couple games, hopefully we pull out a win in brooklyn. And hopefully we never see those retarded refs ever again

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Especially since Lowry is tough enough to guard opposing SGs. Very few wings have post-up skill nowadays, so Lowry's lack of height may not hurt him in these situations.

Lowry, Calderon and Anderson might be our best perimeter lineup.....wow :|
                                Our wings were so awful that no one is even talking about Bargs' usual middling effort.

They don't have a single swingman that can shoot. Ross might be that guy but he is clearly not ready for prime time. He looked lost out there. Fields was putrid. Derozan's flailing wildly in the paint is now so bad that my wife (who knows nothing about basketball) was even commenting about how ridiculous it looked. Anderson is a liability on offense. Thing is, this has been the single biggest weakness on this team for 4 years and nothing has been done to address it. Now, with this derozan deal, it looks like there are no plans to fix it going forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X