It's not too Late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not too Late

With one day left, I really expect Colangelo to pull this trigger to ensure our chance of making to the playoff this year.

Toronto send Calderon, Kleiza, Davis, 2014+15 1st round pick, 2013 2nd round pick
    Toronto receives Gay, Selby

Raps Lineups
    Lowry/Lucas/Selby
    DeRozan/Ross/Anderson
    Gay/Fields/Mcguire
    Bargs/Amir/Acy
    Val/Gray/

Grizz Lineups
    Conley/Calderon/Ellington
    Bayless/Allen/Wroten
    Pondexter/Kleiza/
    Randolph/Davis/Arthur
    Gasol/Speights/Haddadei

By getting Gay, we will for sure make to the playoff, please make it happen, this is indeed a wet dream.

A team can't trade back to back first round picks, so their 2014 + 15 wouldn't be possible. That also means that with the pick from the Lowry deal still unused, Toronto doesn't have a 1st round pick to trade.

They can select a player and then make the trade, or trade for additional picks and then trade them.

(perhaps its explained better - a team has to select a player atleast once in the first round every two years)

Comment

Toronto can't trade any future 1st round picks, due to the conditions placed on the 1st round pick going to OKC (via Houston), as part of the Lowry trade.

Even if Toronto did somehow acquire another 1st round pick to trade, I doubt Memphis has any interest in Kleiza. If DeRozan were substituted for Kleiza, then I could see there being some potential to this sort of trade (assuming Memphis' new ownership group wants to avoid luxury tax, similar to OKC).

Calderon & DeRozan & Davis & 1st round pick & 2nd round pick (could offer up to 3 x 2nd round picks) --> Gay & Selby

Comment

I almost prefer this trade less pieces...Calderon + DD to indy for Granger...We get the stats stuffer we need to make push for playoffs. I would like to see DD turn into a great player but Granger/Gay would help us now to make it to the next level.

you can read more on this one at http://www.nba.com/magic/news/cohen-...oposals_102912

Comment

I like the above trade but wasn't Granger implied back in 2005 draft that he will not want to play for the Raps, unless he puts his past behind and focus on helping the Raps make to the playoff.

How about Calderon + Davis + DeRozan for Granger + T.Hansborough

We get a good SF who could definitely help the Raps this year and this give Ross a chance to shine at the starting SG spot or he could come off the bench for Fields (who plays natural position at SG). Hansborough is a good backup and possibly better than Ed in the stats sheet.

Calderon will compete with Augustin for the backup PG position unless Hill starts at the 2 but most likely DeRozan will play at the 2 while George plays the 3. Davis could replace D.West in latter years.

Both teams will want to fight for a playoff chance. This trade might be facilitated during our home opener matchup VS Pacers where neither of Calderon, DeRozan, Davis, Granger or T.Hansborough will be playing for the team due to medical checkup.

Comment

Working...
          X