Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonas has "earned" the Starting Center Spot for Opening Night, according to Casey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought this was an amusing anecdote:

Has he learned anything new in his short pre-season time in North America?

“On the court you hear many things,” Valanciunas says mysteriously.

Such as?

“For example, sometimes guys will get mad and they will say …”

Valanciunas can’t bring himself to say the words out loud. He leans in and mouths, “(Blank) you.”

Then he smiles like a child caught breaking a small rule.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...y-to-nba-kelly

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
      .. which is why T Ross is gonna get a lot more time than people realize. DD + Fields will not work .. neither can shoot outside 12 feet.

Im not surprised at all in what Ive seen from Landry - we overpaid for this guy plain and simple. Ive been impressed with his "glue guy" abilities .. getting weird rebounds, right place, right time, cutting to the hoop - but he cant shoot for the life of him (and this should not be a surprise to anyone).
      I hate to take us off topic but.....

Honestly it is a surprise to me. I was not expecting 39% but I was not expecting 26% (or less) either. I am surprised. 219 three point attempts in his rookie year is not a terribly small sample size either.

I am still hopeful he will find 35% soon.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I hate to take us off topic but.....

Honestly it is a surprise to me. I was not expecting 39% but I was not expecting 26% (or less) either. I am surprised. 219 three point attempts in his rookie year is not a terribly small sample size either.

I am still hopeful he will find 35% soon.
        Perhaps my wording was a little strong .. but his most recent season was 26% - while we can all hope that that was just a blip, isnt the most likely outcome that he will shoot give or take 26% this year? If you had to choose between the two as more likely, either 39% (from evidence two years ago) or 26% from evidence last year - wouldnt last year be the overwhelming choice?

Sure, its great to know that he has the 39% in him somewhere and Im obiouvlsy not saying that I thought it was impossible .. but recent history says otherwise. Combined with that, the guy's shot just doesnt look good. Forget about percentages .. when T Ross lets it fly from 3 .. he thinks its going in (and so do I watching) .. with Landry .. its much more like "hope for the best" ..

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
          Perhaps my wording was a little strong .. but his most recent season was 26% - while we can all hope that that was just a blip, isnt the most likely outcome that he will shoot give or take 26% this year? If you had to choose between the two as more likely, either 39% (from evidence two years ago) or 26% from evidence last year - wouldnt last year be the overwhelming choice?

Sure, its great to know that he has the 39% in him somewhere and Im obiouvlsy not saying that I thought it was impossible .. but recent history says otherwise. Combined with that, the guy's shot just doesnt look good. Forget about percentages .. when T Ross lets it fly from 3 .. he thinks its going in (and so do I watching) .. with Landry .. its much more like "hope for the best" ..
          The 39 percent is based on 219 attempts.
          The 26 percent is based on 121 attempts.

One does not knock down 39% or 86 of 219 without having ability to hit the 3 over 82 games. It is too long a time frame, in my opinion, to be merely a fluke.

When we are talking about history, it is 2 years. Not sure anything of substance can be confirmed on 2 years - good or bad.

As for his form, I wouldn't teach any kid to shoot like Reggie Miller but it worked for him.

I'm not arguing your opinion, it is your own. But him shooting 26% for the season would be a major surprise to me.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            The 39 percent is based on 219 attempts.
            The 26 percent is based on 121 attempts.

One does not knock down 39% or 86 of 219 without having ability to hit the 3 over 82 games. It is too long a time frame, in my opinion, to be merely a fluke.

When we are talking about history, it is 2 years. Not sure anything of substance can be confirmed on 2 years - good or bad.

As for his form, I wouldn't teach any kid to shoot like Reggie Miller but it worked for him.

I'm not arguing your opinion, it is your own. But him shooting 26% for the season would be a major surprise to me.
            I absolutely agree.

Looking at Landry's stats, every single one of them (except for assists and steals that basically remained the same with a slight improvement) decreased.

The whole season was an anomaly really. Landry might have been under too much physical strain from the intense regular season schedule and that might very well have hurt his productivity. I think that he will improve significantly this year in all aspects of his game.
            Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Wed Oct 31, 2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Landry got rich, thats what happened.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Dude got a double double in his first NBA game. Yeah, I'd say he earned it.

Comment

Anytime a rookie "earns" a starting spot from day 1, speaks more volume of the quality of big men on his team.

Comment

Working...
                  X