X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead's theeeeeread on game outcomes

Toronto vs Indiana

Facts you need to know

Danny Granger out with left knee soreness. He is seeking a second opinion on it which means the first opinion was something he didn't want to hear (I see microfracture on the horizon)

George Hill is probably going to play but I qoute
    "You're never going to feel like yourself the first day back, but I feel a lot better being out there than sitting down," he said. "

Facts you don't need to know

I am slightly lactose intolerant. If I ever feel backed up, a milkshake from Fran's will more or less "Release The Kraken!" <--- yell that next time you are in a public washroom stall

back to the game at hand

This will still be a tough game as George, West and Hibbert are no joke.

Result

Toronto Raptors win 96 - 92 behind a strong opening night crowd
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Cleveland over Washington 94 - 84
    Lakers over Dallas 106 - 92
    Miami over Boston 108 - 92
    Last edited by thead; Tue Oct 30, 2012, 09:59 PM.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I predict that trick-or-treaters are rained out, leaving me in peace to watch the game uninterrupted.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        Facts you don't need to know

I am slightly lactose intolerant. If I ever feel backed up, a milkshake from Fran's will more or less "Release The Kraken!" <--- yell that next time you are in a public washroom stall
        Gold, pure, milky gold
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I predict that trick-or-treaters are rained out, leaving me in peace to watch the game uninterrupted.
          Wouldn't that be sweet!

*yes, there is a pun in there*

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            Cleveland over Washington 89 - 83
            Lakers over Dallas 106 - 92
            Miami over Boston 88 - 86
            I am going to say that Boston beats miami 90-87 as miami will be too high on getting their rings! By the time they wake up from realizing their dreams of winning it all, they're behind in the fourth quarter.

Lakers will also lose to Dallas, 95 - 89. Nash and Howard has too much to prove and will be trying too hard to make things work. Cleveland 86 - 81 over washington. My crystal ball told me all this.

Let the games begin!

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
              ...Lakers will also lose to Dallas, 95 - 89. Nash and Howard has too much to prove ...
              Nash stopped trying to prove anything ten years ago. He had proved it all by then.

Comment

hey so far I'm bang on...just don't look where it says last edited ...ahem
                Last edited by thead; Tue Oct 30, 2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Dallas really surprised me tonight. Their team looks really good. They gel well together on the floor, and I think that's a matter of having veteran guys on the bench and their rotation.
                  Re-tooled, and really look good. Collison, Mayo, Marion, Nowiztki and Kaman when back from injuries.
                  Off the bench is Beaubois, Carter, Brand, Wright. Really nice team.

LeBron James was phenomenal, but those leg cramps are starting to scare me. Didn't he have any issue in the finals with that? I mean, they're cramps, but not too many guys leave due to cramps.
                  Anyways, he played like he was on the shore of Hawaii, extremely relaxed, and was playing some really good basketball. Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis are going to be HUGE come playoff time, and you gel that with their key shooters already in Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Mario Chalmers. This team is a great example of small-ball play.

For the RAPTORS vs. INDIANA game.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bargnani/Valanciunas vs. West/Hibbert. Good big man match-up there, and looking to see how Demar will fair against Indiana.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

If I recall, the Heat struggled early when Lebron/Bosh joined them. The biggest issue with LA, in my opinion, is coach Brown. Not sure if he's the right coach for this team. It would interesting if the Lakers continue to falter, as Brown is going to be on the hot seat all year. D'Antoni may be perfect for this team.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      If I recall, the Heat struggled early when Lebron/Bosh joined them. The biggest issue with LA, in my opinion, is coach Brown. Not sure if he's the right coach for this team. It would interesting if the Lakers continue to falter, as Brown is going to be on the hot seat all year. D'Antoni may be perfect for this team.
                      Brown was overrated even in Cleveland. How he landed the Lakers gig is one of life's greatest mysteries.

His "give the ball to Lebron" strategy reminded me of a Fresh Prince episode....

Comment

Working...
                      X