Thread: rank the AB's

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default rank the AB's

I thought this would be fun. there isn't too many, so this should be short. just rank the following players from best to worst, and explain if necessary. There are two categories to make it clear.

Big men: Andrea Bargnani, Andris Biedrins, Andray Blatche, Andrew Bogut, Andrew Bynum

Guards: Avery Bradley, Aaron Brooks, Alec Burks.
    Last edited by akashsingh; Tue Oct 30th, 2012 at 12:00 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

wow if there was a new team called the AB's that consisted of just these players, that would be pretty interesting too watch....

Post Thanks / Like

Due to injuries and mental approach issues here is my rankings of the bigs

Andrea
    Andrew
    Andray
    Andris

Bogut could jump to #1 if he comes back looking good, Blatche could very well re-brand himself with the nets and make some noise.....Biedrins is done, put a fork in him.

The guards fro me:

Burks

Brooks (China year)
    Bradley (injuries)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Due to injuries and mental approach issues here is my rankings of the bigs

Andrea
    Andrew
    Andray
    Andris

Bogut could jump to #1 if he comes back looking good, Blatche could very well re-brand himself with the nets and make some noise.....Biedrins is done, put a fork in him.

The guards fro me:

Burks

Brooks (China year)
    Bradley (injuries)
    was this before I added the other andrew? sorry I forgot.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Big men: Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, Andrea Bargnani, Andray Blatche, Andris Biedrins

LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    was this before I added the other andrew? sorry I forgot.
    Bynum was not on the list at first....depending on the severity or how chronic his injury becomes, I am not sure where I would put him.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    Big men: Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, Andrea Bargnani, Andray Blatche, Andris Biedrins

If everyone is healthy I agree completely. Today I would swap Dre and Bogut as I have to see Bogut on the court before I put him ahead of Dre.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey does anyone remember the old days when Biedrins was good and we wished Bargnani was as good as he was? Pretty crazy how his confidence just went down the tube.. I wonder if they've tried hypnosis.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Bigs: Bynum, Bargnani, Bogut, Biedrins, Blatche
    Guards: Bradley, Burks, Brooks

Bynum and Bogus are huge injury concerns. Biedrins is overpaid. Blatche is a whack job.

I actually like all the guards, but like the potential of Bradley and Burks, ahead of what I've already seen from Brooks.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I think if there's one lesson here, it's don't name your kid something starting with A if you have a last name starting with B. Between physical and mental issues, that's one long list of wasted potential....

I think all healthy, I'd rank'em Bogut, Bynum, Bargs, Brooks, Bradley, Burks, Blatche, Biedrins...Biedrins clearly just has no mental toughness whatsoever. This basically is unfavorable to mentally weird or weak players.
    I think, considering their injury issues, I'd go Bargs, Bynum, Bogut, Burks, Brooks, Bradley, Blatche, Biedrins....

Bargs, by default, becomes the most certain asset out of all of those. He doesn't have any really major injury concerns, even if he is a bit soft. You know he won't rebound, but he's 15-20 pts a night easy, he's big and at this point, is good enough on D(at least if the coach can get him to).
    I'd take Bogut first if healthy, because he's by far the only guy who for sure doesn't have a motor issue. Bynum, though, is more talented, and while he has injury issues, you know what to expect: knee issues. Bogut just seems destined for all kind of different injuries, partly due to his hard play.
    I'd take Burks over Brooks, for his potential and because if Utah drafted him, he can't be that crazy, can he? And I'd take them both over Bradley because he just seems to have injury issues as well. Finally, Blatche and Biedrins are the useless turds who are too stupid to use their talents. They could both be really good players, talent-wise, but clearly there's something wrong in their heads.

Thread Information