Thread: Josh Smif ?

Raptors Republic Rookie madeupid25's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Josh Smif ?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8mdkvxn

This deal clears lots of cap space for Atlanta, gives Utah more young talent, allows Orlando to rebuild around Afflalo, Milsap, and Nelson lol, and is pretty much a win for the Raps.

Everyone agreed? Great. Someone get Colangelo on the phone.
    Last edited by madeupid25; Sat Oct 27th, 2012 at 06:23 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a turrible trade for Utah and they'd never do it. They trade the 3rd best center in the league and a top power forward for 2 scrubs and 2 unproven rookies. It doesn't even clear up enough cap space for them to be under the cap.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    This is a turrible trade for Utah and they'd never do it. They trade the 3rd best center in the league and a top power forward for 2 scrubs and 2 unproven rookies. It doesn't even clear up enough cap space for them to be under the cap.
    You're playing too much fantasy basketball. Nobody ever told Jefferson that defense is something you're supposed to do as well. Because of the he isn't the third center in the league by a longshot (in my opinion).

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    You're playing too much fantasy basketball. Nobody ever told Jefferson that defense is something you're supposed to do as well. Because of the he isn't the third center in the league by a longshot (in my opinion).
    At the center position he has the best post moves in the league. And Jefferson plays excellent defense. He may have some trouble sticking to his man but he can defend the paint as well as anyone. I don't know who else would be considered a top center ahead of him? Bynum and Howard are the obvious, but in the next tier I wouldn't say guys like gortat or Hibbert are quite as good as Jefferson.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    At the center position he has the best post moves in the league. And Jefferson plays excellent defense. He may have some trouble sticking to his man but he can defend the paint as well as anyone. I don't know who else would be considered a top center ahead of him? Bynum and Howard are the obvious, but in the next tier I wouldn't say guys like gortat or Hibbert are quite as good as Jefferson.
    Than we differ greatly on Jefferson's defense. He'd get my vote for All Nba No Defense first team.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, Jefferson is great at defense? Did I miss the memo?

Thread Information