No announcement yet.

Who has the brightest future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id put brooklyn at the bottom. they just traded for a 100 mill guy to be their #2 and have no bench outside of Marshon.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Since I think Irving is a franchise PG, I have to go with Cleveland. Ownership isn't a big concern to me cause they've been willing to spend huge dollars in the past when a chance presented itself.

Have to see Davis play more before NO goes ahead of Cleveland. If he's a franchise guy, it's close.

Everyone else is a level or two back except for Brooklyn, which shouldn't be on this list.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        id put brooklyn at the bottom. they just traded for a 100 mill guy to be their #2 and have no bench outside of Marshon.
        But will any of the teams on the list be better than Brooklyn this season or the next?

Comment

probably not but the thread is about brightest future
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think the idea of a deep team is a bit overrated. Definetely an asset in regular season, but becomes an inefficient use of $ in the playoffs.

Boston and Miami had terribles benches last year and competed in the east finals. Chicago had a very deep team and it did nothing for them when Rose went down in the first round.

A good bench helps you maintain for short periods during a game, and is injury insurance during the season. But its still the stars that put you over the top.

In an ideal world you would have your big money tied up in your starters, with a cheap underpayed bench. But I'd rather have those big money starters first (assuming they are productive ofcourse), bench second.

Comment

probably not but the thread is about brightest future
              I would say the next couple of years would qualify as the future and Brooklyn looks poised to do the most damage. Going forward even further I don't think things are as bleak as many people think it will be for Brooklyn. Just look how difficult it was for Houston to get a star player like Bosh, Gasol, D. Howard and they ended up with Lin and Harden. Just acquiring the star level talent alone is half the battle of trying to win a championship and Brooklyn has two All Stars. It would take both those guys turning into a Gilbert Arenas scenario for it to blow up in their face and I don't think that is gonna happen.

Comment

Eric Gordon is out indefinitely with more knee troubles. He just signed a huge contract with the Hornets in July.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  3. Cleveland - Irving is an All-Star. I think what could have been with them if they took JV and Barnes vs. Thompson and Waiters. Lots of picks and cap space moving forward. Scott is also a good coach.
                  I much prefer Waiters over Barnes. Waiters has the potential to be above average in all facets of the game except maybe defending bigger guards who post him up. I believe the fact he does not do any one thing really well makes it east to forget how many things in which he shows potential.

As to the JV and TT comparison, I too would prefer JV but maybe not for the usual reasons. I believe TT ceiling is higher but that JV is more likely to be a very good player. TT is very raw still and it's yet unclear he will be able to reach close to his potential. I would not be surprised if he becomes a 17 PPG, 10 RPG player with excellent defense nor if he becomes a 12 PPG, 8 RPG with very good defense. The former is Otis Thorpe with better defense, the latter is good but nothing special.

As to Kyrie, he's a fantastic player on the offensive side of the court and he even tried to play defense last night. Hopefully that will last.

Comment

i see Brooklyn as Atlanta 2.0. if you're interested in making the playoffs then yeah they'll be good i guess.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      Eric Gordon is out indefinitely with more knee troubles. He just signed a huge contract with the Hornets in July.
                      I'm soooooo glad I didn't protect him in my keeper league...

Comment

Brooklyn because money

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Brooklyn because money
                          But how do they spend it?

From here on out they are armed with $3M mini-MLE each year, minimum contracts, and no sign and trades.

They are the epitome of a blown load.

Comment

they threw a fat ass contract at Brook Lopez, worst defending C in the league

Comment

i see Brooklyn as Atlanta 2.0. if you're interested in making the playoffs then yeah they'll be good i guess.
                              My favourite team might, possibly, if everything goes right for them and wrong for everybody else, squeak into the playoffs. I'm not as nonchalant about 9th place as I used to be. I'm getting old...

Comment

Working...
                              X