NBA Gametime opening night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Gametime opening night

Anyone else catch NBA gametime on TNT tonight?

Charles Barkley called us a sleeper team, and Kenny Smith agreed... Then Charles Barkely went on to say how much he loves Toronto as a city and gave "shoutouts to his "man" Rod Black up there."

odd.
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

He's actually always liked Toronto. I've watched numerous videos where he is up there, and he really likes the city. He thinks Canada in general is a beautiful country, just is a usual hater on the team because, well, quite frankly, this team hasn't been very good the past couple years.

Now, him calling us a sleeper team, is the same as him saying in our team preview "I don't think they should have expectations." You don't know what you can get from the Raptors this season, although, they can really come out of their losing woes. David Aldridge said it best "This is an interesting team."

Who knows, maybe he was paid not to be an ass-hole, but fact is, he likes the city and the country.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Buschfire wrote: View Post

Charles Barkley called us a sleeper team, and Kenny Smith agreed... Then Charles Barkely went on to say how much he loves Toronto as a city and gave "shoutouts to his "man" Rod Black up there."

odd.
      That made me chuckle. I believe they've played charity golf together in the past.

Ah Rod Black. He was so brutal doing those early NBA games up here when the Raptors and Grizzlies first got a team.

Raptors could definitely be a sleeper. Knicks, Bucks are both vulnerable. Philly too if Bynum isn't healthy. But the Atlantic will be tough to make headway out of considering there's five potential playoff teams there. The road-heavy start will be a tough test. But they do get Charlotte, Detroit, Milwaukee and Washington four times each and I expect all four of those teams to be either worse or comparable to the Raps.
      You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Buschfire wrote: View Post

odd.
        Barkley AND Kenny?!

It ain't April Fools yet...
        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I love me some Barkley.

The whole "no expectations" bit was actually very true. How can you have expectations when the team did nothing significant on the court the past 2 years. The off the court stuff was very important but what realistic expectations are you supposed to have about a team with 2 player totally new to the league, 2 guys who spent a large amount of time on the injured list last year, a shooting guard who can't shoot and a bunch of underwhelming support players being largely played out of position?
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Barkley has changed his tune based on preseason results.... Kenny too.

I put as much faith in what they are saying now as I did before - and that is very little.

Most people giving views or opinions whether it be sports or financial markets or whatever tend to base their opinion on what has already happened. There is very little forward thinking because very few people lack the knowledge and, more importantly, the confidence to put themselves out there against the crowd or mainstream. It is easier to go along with what everyone else agrees with than make a case for something different and then defend while standing by it.

Comment

Chuck probably got a few angry tweets/emails from some passionate Raptor fans and decided some threats were real

We'll probably be cheering every Atlantic Division loss this season. So far, they're 0-1 (thank you Miami). Hopefully Denver pulls out a win in Philly tonight.

Comment

the interview Charles did with Gerry Dee a few years back at Gretzky's Celeb. Golf Tourny was funny, & shows his appreciation of canada LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W72HyLq29AU
                Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Oct 31, 2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Chuck probably got a few angry tweets/emails from some passionate Raptor fans and decided some threats were real

We'll probably be cheering every Atlantic Division loss this season. So far, they're 0-1 (thank you Miami). Hopefully Denver pulls out a win in Philly tonight.
                  +1 how others in the atlantic are doing is a great thing to be keeping an eye on
                  We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Fuck, I don't know why, but I hold Charles' and Kenny's opinions in high regard for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X