Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Lakers Team Discussion!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Lakers Team Discussion!

So by now, the Lakers have lost like their last 10 games (including pre-season). Is it too early to say that the Lakers are gonna be a bust this year? Probably, but it's pretty evident that the Lakers have some major issues they have to fix before they can even get to talk about winning the championship this year. Nash just got injured tonight's game against the Trailblazers (Maybe a good thing Nash didn't join us?). Their bench has been absolute atrocious. They have absolutely no players on the bench that can give them a consistent offensive effort. The closest person who has done anything off the bench well would be Jamison, Blake, and Hill and even those two didn't play well offensively on a consistent basis. No one seems to be caring about defense whatsoever. It also doesn't help that Mike Brown isn't doing much to solve these issues. So are the Lakers the new Knicks? All hype, but not much to back it up? Right now, I'm not impressed by the Lakers. I think they will make playoffs, but I don't think they'll make it to the NBA Finals, unless they resolve these issues ASAP!

Post Thanks / Like

they just need to gel, and they'll be torching every team in the league soon enough.

and get some bench scoring.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Lakers are new to the Princeton offense. So guys who played together last year not only have to learn to play with Nash and Howard, they have to learn a whole new offensive scheme. It will take time.

I believe pursuing Steve Nash after they decided to play the Princeton is a rather expensive proposition as the PG does not play a huge role in that scheme.

The Lakers bench is a mess. As a Cavaliers fan, I was very glad to see Jamison leave Cleveland as the guy was an incredibly bad defender last year. The Lakers will soon find out he cannot guard anyone nor rotate in time if they have not already.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really see the Lakers having as much success if they don't have a relatively decent bench. People say that the Heat's bench was bad last season. I'm pretty sure the Lakers' bench this year is even worse. They don't have anyone that can create a spark off the bench. Jamison is horrible defensively as Hugmenot said. He's really damn inconsistent. Some games he'll be shooting really well and some games he'll just be ice cold. Meeks is just bad for a 2nd string SG. Hill is probably the one of the only two player I see doing decently as a back-up to Howard. He won't be amazing offensively, but he will give them consistent hustle. Blake is another person I see doing decently as back-up to Nash. Overall, their bench is pretty damn weak. With injuries affecting the Lakers' starters (Nash = ankle/back, Howard = back, and Kobe = foot), the Lakers' bench really needs to step up to allow the starters to rest up and not further strain their injuries...

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the over and under about Brown being fired within the first month?!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The lakers suck end of discussion

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah some people are really under valuing chemistry (one of the reasons I think Miami wins it this year, they are starting to really know how to play with each other).

With that in mind, I still think Nash is not being used to the best of his ability. I know Kobe is great, but the Nash-Gasol-Howard combo is something they need to use as much as possible.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The NBA season will be so much more interesting if the Lakers turn out to be a championship caliber team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    The NBA season will be so much more interesting if the Lakers turn out to be a championship caliber team.
    Agreed. Too bad, at the moment, they look like the new "Knicks". All hype and no chemistry...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Yeah some people are really under valuing chemistry (one of the reasons I think Miami wins it this year, they are starting to really know how to play with each other).

With that in mind, I still think Nash is not being used to the best of his ability. I know Kobe is great, but the Nash-Gasol-Howard combo is something they need to use as much as possible.
    I agree. I feel like Mike Brown just doesn't know how to use Nash properly. Nash needs the ball in his hands to be effective and it just isn't. The ball is mostly in Kobe's or Howard's hands. I guess these are just the things that need to be worked on.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a question: Do you think Mike Brown is in the hot seat if this pathetic display continues for the next week or so and they have a record below 0.500?

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Just a question: Do you think Mike Brown is in the hot seat if this pathetic display continues for the next week or so and they have a record below 0.500?
    Whatever Kobe wants Kobe gets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Whatever Kobe wants Kobe gets.
    LOL Kobe's probably like "Fire this fool. Give me back Phil Jackson"

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouch! Nash has a broken bone in his leg.

Post Thanks / Like

Will the Lakers FINALLY get their first win today against the Pistons? If not, there is really something majorly wrong with the Lakers...

Post Thanks / Like

Why fire Mike Brown? He's done a great job as a coach. He's no Phil Jackson, but definitely a very good replacement. People are expecting him to make this team win 70 games. Well, they aren't going to. More 'probables' than 'for sures.'

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Brown hasn't done a great job as a coach. Last year he let Kobe do whatever he want as inefficient as possible and barely getting the ball inside to his very efficient big man. It was terrible and Brown never did anything about it. It probably was why Bynum shot those threepointers, saying 'Hey, I can take bad shots as well'. Bynum gets yanked; Kobe did it all year long and Brown didn't dare or want to say a thing. Mike Brown is weak on offense and weak on personal.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Mike Brown hasn't done a great job as a coach. Last year he let Kobe do whatever he want as inefficient as possible and barely getting the ball inside to his very efficient big man. It was terrible and Brown never did anything about it. It probably was why Bynum shot those threepointers, saying 'Hey, I can take bad shots as well'. Bynum gets yanked; Kobe did it all year long and Brown didn't dare or want to say a thing. Mike Brown is weak on offense and weak on personal.
    +1 it's only a matter of time until kobe throws brown and everyone under the bus. browns best years of coaching philosophy was simply "can lebron win this one". brutal coach they need jerry sloan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    +1 it's only a matter of time until kobe throws brown and everyone under the bus. browns best years of coaching philosophy was simply "can lebron win this one". brutal coach they need jerry sloan
    Agreed. Mike Brown is just horrible. If the Lakers lose the game tonight against the Pistons, I can see a major increase in the temperature of Brown's seat!

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information