New Lakers Team Discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lakers Team Discussion!

So by now, the Lakers have lost like their last 10 games (including pre-season). Is it too early to say that the Lakers are gonna be a bust this year? Probably, but it's pretty evident that the Lakers have some major issues they have to fix before they can even get to talk about winning the championship this year. Nash just got injured tonight's game against the Trailblazers (Maybe a good thing Nash didn't join us?). Their bench has been absolute atrocious. They have absolutely no players on the bench that can give them a consistent offensive effort. The closest person who has done anything off the bench well would be Jamison, Blake, and Hill and even those two didn't play well offensively on a consistent basis. No one seems to be caring about defense whatsoever. It also doesn't help that Mike Brown isn't doing much to solve these issues. So are the Lakers the new Knicks? All hype, but not much to back it up? Right now, I'm not impressed by the Lakers. I think they will make playoffs, but I don't think they'll make it to the NBA Finals, unless they resolve these issues ASAP!

they just need to gel, and they'll be torching every team in the league soon enough.

and get some bench scoring.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The Lakers are new to the Princeton offense. So guys who played together last year not only have to learn to play with Nash and Howard, they have to learn a whole new offensive scheme. It will take time.

I believe pursuing Steve Nash after they decided to play the Princeton is a rather expensive proposition as the PG does not play a huge role in that scheme.

The Lakers bench is a mess. As a Cavaliers fan, I was very glad to see Jamison leave Cleveland as the guy was an incredibly bad defender last year. The Lakers will soon find out he cannot guard anyone nor rotate in time if they have not already.

Comment

I don't really see the Lakers having as much success if they don't have a relatively decent bench. People say that the Heat's bench was bad last season. I'm pretty sure the Lakers' bench this year is even worse. They don't have anyone that can create a spark off the bench. Jamison is horrible defensively as Hugmenot said. He's really damn inconsistent. Some games he'll be shooting really well and some games he'll just be ice cold. Meeks is just bad for a 2nd string SG. Hill is probably the one of the only two player I see doing decently as a back-up to Howard. He won't be amazing offensively, but he will give them consistent hustle. Blake is another person I see doing decently as back-up to Nash. Overall, their bench is pretty damn weak. With injuries affecting the Lakers' starters (Nash = ankle/back, Howard = back, and Kobe = foot), the Lakers' bench really needs to step up to allow the starters to rest up and not further strain their injuries...

Comment

What's the over and under about Brown being fired within the first month?!

Comment

The lakers suck end of discussion

Comment

Yeah some people are really under valuing chemistry (one of the reasons I think Miami wins it this year, they are starting to really know how to play with each other).

With that in mind, I still think Nash is not being used to the best of his ability. I know Kobe is great, but the Nash-Gasol-Howard combo is something they need to use as much as possible.

Comment

The NBA season will be so much more interesting if the Lakers turn out to be a championship caliber team.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  The NBA season will be so much more interesting if the Lakers turn out to be a championship caliber team.
                  Agreed. Too bad, at the moment, they look like the new "Knicks". All hype and no chemistry...

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                    Yeah some people are really under valuing chemistry (one of the reasons I think Miami wins it this year, they are starting to really know how to play with each other).

With that in mind, I still think Nash is not being used to the best of his ability. I know Kobe is great, but the Nash-Gasol-Howard combo is something they need to use as much as possible.
                    I agree. I feel like Mike Brown just doesn't know how to use Nash properly. Nash needs the ball in his hands to be effective and it just isn't. The ball is mostly in Kobe's or Howard's hands. I guess these are just the things that need to be worked on.

Comment

Just a question: Do you think Mike Brown is in the hot seat if this pathetic display continues for the next week or so and they have a record below 0.500?

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                        Just a question: Do you think Mike Brown is in the hot seat if this pathetic display continues for the next week or so and they have a record below 0.500?
                        Whatever Kobe wants Kobe gets.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Whatever Kobe wants Kobe gets.
                          LOL Kobe's probably like "Fire this fool. Give me back Phil Jackson"

Comment

Ouch! Nash has a broken bone in his leg.

Comment

Will the Lakers FINALLY get their first win today against the Pistons? If not, there is really something majorly wrong with the Lakers...

Comment

Working...
                              X