No announcement yet.

New Lakers Team Discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why fire Mike Brown? He's done a great job as a coach. He's no Phil Jackson, but definitely a very good replacement. People are expecting him to make this team win 70 games. Well, they aren't going to. More 'probables' than 'for sures.'
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Mike Brown hasn't done a great job as a coach. Last year he let Kobe do whatever he want as inefficient as possible and barely getting the ball inside to his very efficient big man. It was terrible and Brown never did anything about it. It probably was why Bynum shot those threepointers, saying 'Hey, I can take bad shots as well'. Bynum gets yanked; Kobe did it all year long and Brown didn't dare or want to say a thing. Mike Brown is weak on offense and weak on personal.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        Mike Brown hasn't done a great job as a coach. Last year he let Kobe do whatever he want as inefficient as possible and barely getting the ball inside to his very efficient big man. It was terrible and Brown never did anything about it. It probably was why Bynum shot those threepointers, saying 'Hey, I can take bad shots as well'. Bynum gets yanked; Kobe did it all year long and Brown didn't dare or want to say a thing. Mike Brown is weak on offense and weak on personal.
        +1 it's only a matter of time until kobe throws brown and everyone under the bus. browns best years of coaching philosophy was simply "can lebron win this one". brutal coach they need jerry sloan

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          +1 it's only a matter of time until kobe throws brown and everyone under the bus. browns best years of coaching philosophy was simply "can lebron win this one". brutal coach they need jerry sloan
          Agreed. Mike Brown is just horrible. If the Lakers lose the game tonight against the Pistons, I can see a major increase in the temperature of Brown's seat!

Comment

and he's gone.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...akers/1694785/

Comment

D'antoni and Sloan are available. They can talk to Krzewski and Larry Brown too. I don't think anyone with less experience than that will be considered. This isn't a mickey mouse franchise. They aren't going to train a coach for some other team.

Comment

Mike Brown Fired as Lakers head coach

Wow. That didin't take long.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...,4845829.story

Comment

Who's going to be the new coach? D'antoni, Shaw, Sloan?

Comment

I made a new thread about the Mike Brown firing, mods feel free to merge it with this one

Phil... Phil... Phil... Phil!! Phil!!!!

Comment

I had a feeling this was going to happen, that's how the Lakers front office rolls!
                      ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Wow. Honestly, Jerry Buss is reading the NBA's comment pages again..
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I wonder if they're considering Jerry Sloan.. he would be a great choice

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            Who's going to be the new coach? D'antoni, Shaw, Sloan?
                            ...Triano?

Comment

Mike D'antoni has been hired..

Comment

i like the hire for Nash and Howard but not the rest of the team. too old.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X