Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Derozan contract that bad?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm speechless....

.....I guess it's now time to amnesty Kleiza :|
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    WTF is Colangelo thinking. Derozan is a below average starting sg. I'd almost rather have Anderson starting at the 2, he can defend, shoot, and rebound
    Colangelo is on some Halloween crack cocaine. Can't wait to see the interviews about the signing, it'll be hilarious.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    Colangelo is on some Halloween crack cocaine. Can't wait to see the interviews about the signing, it'll be hilarious.
    I know right! He can't say the team will be better with Derozan, and he can't say they still have as much flexibility as they could have had. Other GM's must be lovin this right now.. this is ridiculous

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Do the Raptors pay players to help them lose games? It almost seems like that's the logic behind these types of moves.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BC sure loves handing out 10mill a year contracts.. soo now that Demar's new deal eats up what cap space we had from calderon's expiring contract. whats left?? will calderon get demars old contract next year LOL or will he get another 10mill too..

note to MLSE..

BC can do the trades but please have someone else resigning players..

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Better put the dunce cap on Colangelo head because Steve Nash was his first choice, my gawed can you imagine Casey puting Calderon and Nash at the same time?! any NBA starting guard would carve those two defence like a turkey. That Landry Fields looks like a worse signing then I could have thought in game number 1.
    Landry wasn't signed for scoring per se. He's a better defender / rebounder than DD. I don't get this signing however. As for Drummond, he's a project bro.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    Demar's agent caught Colangelo at the right time to ask for the money, I have seen it all before somewhere...

Post Thanks / Like

Is this official yet?

Post Thanks / Like

If DeRozan continues to play like he did tonight, he'll be worth every penny! His jumper was on point, he defence was lock down, and he made a living at the FT line!!! Keep doing what you do, DeRo! Prove those haters wrong!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So when can a trade happen with DeMar now? Come January we could package DeMar with Calderon and get a $20M contract.

Is Dwight available? How about Carmelo? Or Nowitzki?

Colangelo and his contracts.. if you are going to offer $9M+ a year, why not wait for another team to make an offer, than match? This is ridiculous! Nobody is going to be paying more than $9.5M a year for DeMar, even if SG's are a short supply in the league.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If DeRozan continues to play like he did tonight, he'll be worth every penny! His jumper was on point, he defence was lock down, and he made a living at the FT line!!! Keep doing what you do, DeRo! Prove those haters wrong!
    If it wasn't for the 0-0 at the free throw line I never would have caught the sarcasm. My blood pressure was rising as I thought of missed layups, missed jumpers, blown rotations, and horrible defense on base line screens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Landry wasn't signed for scoring per se. He's a better defender / rebounder than DD. I don't get this signing however. As for Drummond, he's a project bro.
    most NBA players at the 2 or 3 are better defenders and rebounders then DD so what's your point?!

Drummond is a project yes but so is Ross and right now I rather take the rookie who is build like a tank then the twinner rookie who can't drive to the basket or aim at the net.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If it wasn't for the 0-0 at the free throw line I never would have caught the sarcasm.
    The amount of calls he didn't get from the refs, and should have, was ridiculous tonight. I'm not worried.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Colangelo and his contracts.. if you are going to offer $9M+ a year, why not wait for another team to make an offer, than match? This is ridiculous! Nobody is going to be paying more than $9.5M a year for DeMar, even if SG's are a short supply in the league.
    They can keep him if someone offers Demar more then 7 million dollars a season. For 2-3 million dollars you can find this player in europe that can do what DD can do and has a jump shot... I can't remember his name....Sonny something...

Post Thanks / Like

If Landry starts sticking his jumpers again(especially the 3), he'd be worth the $$ in my opinion because of his defense, rebounding and bball IQ. But so far he looks useless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    The amount of calls he didn't get from the refs, and should have, was ridiculous tonight. I'm not worried.
    I dunno. His game is so predictable driving right into defenders. Refs haven't been bailing him out for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If it wasn't for the 0-0 at the free throw line I never would have caught the sarcasm. My blood pressure was rising as I thought of missed layups, missed jumpers, blown rotations, and horrible defense on base line screens.
    Lol, even his pre-game speech was weak....

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    He is never going to get a call until he starts taking shots that have a chance to go in or he starts trying to dunk EVERYTHING.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I dunno. His game is so predictable driving right into defenders. Refs haven't been bailing him out for years.
    Exactly. defenders only have to put their hands up and contest because Demar isn't a great finisher. He's too one-dimensional

Raptors Republic Rookie LamarVannoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Are we overpaying him? Yea probably a little, but we have no choice if we want to keep him.
    I don't want to keep him at 10 mil per season. The only statistical category where he's above average is minutes played. The main pro-DeMar argument seems to be 'he can score'. The percentage of NBA players who can manage to score point totals in the mid teens if you lock them in to starter minutes and a green light is higher than you think. I'm sure Ed Davis could muster up 13-14 if we ran him out there that much and fed him the rock 12+ times a game.

And what theoretical teams were out there just salivating to overpay a guy who has never posted a league average PER? And if they're out there then they're welcome to it. But why not make him prove it this year. It's not like we couldn't match. There was no pressure to make this extension happen now. Especially for a guy who hasn't proven he's worth it, at all. He is literally the exact reason for the entire restricted free agency process whereby you can let the market set the price. This decision is stupid and the more I think about it the stupider I think it is.

I've never been a 'fire BC' person, but anyone who keeps talking about 'flexibility' should look around for open containers of industrial solvents, because paying 17 million a year for the Fields/DeRozan combo (both of whom lost 4th quarter time tonight to a 2 pg lineup and Allan Anderson) is exactly how you kill your cap flexibility.

By the way, I'm super excited for the 12 million per year we're inevitably giving Davis as soon as he's eligible.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information