Clear All

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
    Harden 16millions/year
    Ty Lawson 12 millions/year

So DD, will average 15ppg....so yeah.
    10 millions/year is about right.
    It's what market would pay;
    I dont see this as overpaying at all.
    I partially agree with you! I agree that it's what the market would pay for him, but I don't quite agree that he's not overpayed at all. He's slightly overpaid, but what can you do if you want him on your team and not go to another team. You're gonna have to pay more than you originally wanted.

Comment

Harden 16millions/year
      Ty Lawson 12 millions/year

So DD, will average 15ppg....so yeah.
      10 millions/year is about right.
      It's what market would pay;
      I dont see this as overpaying at all.
      That's a terrible example IMO. Both those guys play great defense and can spread the floor better than Demar. Lawson gets just as many point with 3x the assists and better defense. Harden averaged more points as a 3rd option off the bench. Derozan is no where near the calibre of Lawson or harden. And harden was overpaid aswell.

Comment

It is too much? Probably
        Is it going to kill their financial flexibly ? Probably not

I'm OK with it I suppose, the Kid has his faults but does work hard.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
          It is too much? Probably
          Is it going to kill their financial flexibly ? Probably not

I'm OK with it I suppose, the Kid has his faults but does work hard.
          +1

Comment

Update: Deal is actually for 38 millions / 4 years;
            So that's 9.5 millions /year for Derozan.

So considering Stephen Curry got 11 millions/ year.

Leave it alone. Deal is Ok. He'll earn the money.

Comment

Agree! Leave it alone! It's fine. $38 million/4 year deal is a decent contract. It's only if he meet the incentives is the contract worth $42 million. If you really think Demar is gonna agree to a $28-32 million/4 year deal, you're pretty delusional!

Comment

Unbelievable. So much money for one of the league's worst players.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  If you really think Demar is gonna agree to a $28-32 million/4 year deal, you're pretty delusional!
                  He will agree to alot less in the open market because he won't have a choice. Did you see that miss in the last minute of the game?! pathetic he ain't no closer!!! fancy playground player that's what he was out there. He is Ronnie Brewer (will tease you with his skills but will never be consistent enought to put it all together) nothing more nothing less. We might as well throw big money around like the turd Field looking every bit as much as the 6 million dollar D-leaguer player we all thought he was.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    He will agree to alot less in the open market because he won't have a choice. Did you see that miss in the last minute of the game?! pathetic he ain't no closer!!! fancy playground player that's what he was out there. He is Ronnie Brewer (will tease you with his skills but will never be consistent enought to put it all together) nothing more nothing less. We might as well throw big money around like the turd Field looking every bit as much as the 6 million dollar D-leaguer player we all thought he was.
                    That's an insult to Ronnie Brewer. RB is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

Comment

I am pretty disappointed.

Flexibility gone.

Bird Rights, MLE, and minimum contracts remain.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                        Unbelievable. So much money for one of the league's worst players.
                        I have NO words regarding this extension. A poor shooter (no 3s to speak), who can't dribble or finish at the rim and worse, cannot defend at his position. Can someone refresh my memory why Terence Ross was drafted again?

PS> I understand that Terence ain't ready yet. Didn't we also sign Landry Fields (a guy that at least defends and rebounds better)? Time to pull out my Demar dunce cap Avatar pic once again!!!
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                          and, dare I say, when JV was drafted
                          A valid reaction to an inconsistent GM that flies by the seat of his pants. Most people by the start of the 2011 season were good with the JV pick . It's the start of 2012 season and I'm still not happy with drafting Ross when Drummond was still available & I will sadly be proven correct in the future.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            I have NO words regarding this extension. A poor shooter (no 3s to speak), who can't dribble or finish at the rim and worse, cannot defend at his position. Can someone refresh my memory why Terence Ross was drafted again?
                            Cause Harrison Barnes was off the board thanks for not tanking!!! & Colangelo wanted to look smart for not going to the Drummond pick and pick based upon need not talent. Big mistake.

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            PS> I understand that Terence ain't ready yet. Didn't we also sign Landry Fields (a guy that at least defends and rebounds better)? Time to pull out my Demar dunce cap Avatar pic once again!!!
                            Better put the dunce cap on Colangelo head because Steve Nash was his first choice, my gawed can you imagine Casey puting Calderon and Nash at the same time?! any NBA starting guard would carve those two defence like a turkey. That Landry Fields looks like a worse signing then I could have thought in game number 1.

Comment

WTF is Colangelo thinking. Derozan is a below average starting sg. I'd almost rather have Anderson starting at the 2, he can defend, shoot, and rebound

Comment

Deal is NOT okay based on what we know about him currently. We'll see this season if he steps it up or not. And I'm not talkin bout scorin..

Comment

Working...
                                X