Is Derozan contract that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    But with Ross, he will rot in the pine for the next 4 years to justify this joke of a contract for DD. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think this kind of money thrown at someone like DD is ludicrous!!!
    Ross hasn't showed me anything yet to suggest that he deserve something in this league. Yes you are right, throwing money at DD is ludicrous and it will be a headache for years to come.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Lol, how many times did we hear Devlin say, "no help D", while Bargnani stood on the weak side with his thumb up his butt? Not exaggerating when I say it was at least 3 times in the first half alone.
      Yeah but it's also some of the worst pick n roll d I've seen.

Comment

Ridiculous contract but not surprising in the least. There was no good reason for this. None. Colangelo bid against himself.

I know he's a horrible GM. I'm beginning to think he's also not the businessman I thought he was.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
          @SI_ChrisBallard: Hey now. Don't forget that wing guys who don't rebound and can't shoot the three are hard to come by.

@mattomic: You're totally ignoring his dcRW% stats. (Reverse-windmill proficiency during dunk contests)

@bruce_arthur: DeMar DeRozan PER by year: 12.5. 14.4, 12.8. True shooting percentage: .554, .530, .503. So, yeah. Wheee!

@johnhollinger: Clearly, the Raptors looked at what Landry Fields got as an RFA and figured $40 million for DeRozan was fair value.

@WolstatSun: Wow, that's ... not a good contract

For those who think this is a good deal he'll make 500k more than bargnani per year.
          And Hollinger hands out the 3 way back hand

Comment

Colangelo probably believes that DeRozan is going to breakout this year and would be a tough sign come offseason. That's the only explanation i could think of on why he would sign DeRozan to this kind of contract.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Colangelo probably believes that DeRozan is going to breakout this year and would be a tough sign come offseason. That's the only explanation i could think of on why he would sign DeRozan to this kind of contract.
              Hope BC is right...and I hope DD still has the need to try harder now that he has his big contract.

Comment

When Beasley played for Minni, they didn't panic and say "we got to secure this guy" no they let him play and in the end they saw that he wasn't worth the money and let him go. Beasley just signed a 3 year deal worth 18 million dollars with Pheonix, well below what his agent and him hoped for.

Comment

How does Colangelo keep surviving these egomaniacal 'my draft picks are great' type decisions?

Oh, right. MLSE is clueless and don't know who else to hire. Maybe they should ask Stern what he thinks.

Comment

i think what it all boils down to is this is a pretty fucking crazy dice roll
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Demar's agent caught Colangelo at the right time to ask for the money, I have seen it all before somewhere...

Haha, nice

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I was probably in the minority but was hoping for Nash. The Fields signing didn't bother me much. Not trading Bargnani after so many seasons was odd, but somewhat understood.. however this contract for DeMar - that's just over the top!

I was patient with Bryan.. but not anymore. I really hope we do not pick up his extension. 2012 has been a real disappointment, and the season is only 1 game old.
                        This^

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          i think what it all boils down to is this is a pretty fucking crazy dice roll
                          I'd rather take 40 million to the craps table. Better investment. More entertaining.

Comment

• like, you know in starsky and hutch when stiller tries to pretend to play Russian roulette with the Asian dude but the bullet ends up falling back into the gun without him knowing? then everyone's terrified cause hes playing with live ammo and doesn't even know it?

that's the scene i immediately thought of when i heard about the deal.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Can a poll be added to this thread on whether or not it was a good signing? Curious to see the results, but I won't be surprised.

Comment

• And I was scared BryCo would give DeMar a 4 year $30M extension... What was I thinking?

I don't understand why BryCo did not pursue Nicolas Batum much, much harder this past Summerr. I would much prefer Nicolas Batum at $14M per year plus a $2M a year scrub than the contracts he gave to Fields and DeRozan. Batum is a very good player with a realistic chance at becoming a star.

Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X