Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Is Derozan contract that bad?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If this DeRozan we saw vs Minny was the super improved, new, and permanent DeRozan, then his contract is an absolute steal.

Please keep it up DeMar and make the majority of posters here - myself included! - eat their pixels.
    Yeah I have to say, this is the most comfortable and in control I've ever seen him on the court. Maybe it's just me but the difference is noticeable even between pre-season and regular season. Don't think I've seen his usual 'get the ball on the perimeter, hold/dribble it for 4 seconds without doing anything, make a pointless pass' once these last 2 games.

Then again, we need to keep in mind we'd thought Bargs had turned a corner for the first chunk of the season last year.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    Yeah I have to say, this is the most comfortable and in control I've ever seen him on the court. Maybe it's just me but the difference is noticeable even between pre-season and regular season. Don't think I've seen his usual 'get the ball on the perimeter, hold/dribble it for 4 seconds without doing anything, make a pointless pass' once these last 2 games.

Then again, we need to keep in mind we'd thought Bargs had turned a corner for the first chunk of the season last year.
    .... and it has only been 2 games.

But it is better than the alternative.

Optimism is often frowned upon by Raptors fans but I can't help but feel it. When the majority are in agreement on the outcome of something, the majority are usually wrong.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If this DeRozan we saw vs Minny was the super improved, new, and permanent DeRozan, then his contract is an absolute steal.

Please keep it up DeMar and make the majority of posters here - myself included! - eat their pixels.
    See I think anything less than an All-Star performance will still make this a bad signing for the simple fact that we could match any offer he was going to receive. By not signing him early the worst case scenario was paying an extra mil (assuming DD plays really well and some team gets loopy and offered him 11), but it would be an extra mil you'd pay knowing that that was what the market dictates.

This is a gamble on Colangelo's part, a gamble that pays little but could lose a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    See I think anything less than an All-Star performance will still make this a bad signing for the simple fact that we could match any offer he was going to receive. By not signing him early the worst case scenario was paying an extra mil (assuming DD plays really well and some team gets loopy and offered him 11), but it would be an extra mil you'd pay knowing that that was what the market dictates.

This is a gamble on Colangelo's part, a gamble that pays little but could lose a lot.
    I definitely agree with that. I have made the point of lost flexibility numerous times.

Given the advantages the Raps had with RFA, BC should have waited.

However, if DD keeps playing like he has the last 2 games, then his contract is very reasonable, in my opinion, relative to others in the league.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar has been very good offensively IMO so far this year. Seems so much more composed and the ability to create his own shot. Defensively he's still been suspect but he's definitely looked good at picking his spots offensively. One of the best things I've liked is his demeanor towards the officials. He's back to his rookie year where if he doesn't get the call he runs back down the court rather then whining!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if anyone posted this, but wagesofwins take:

This is the worst contract extension since the Raptors extended Andrea Bargnani to a five year, $50 million contract in 2009. Wait — you mean to tell me that one man is responsible for both signings? How does that happen? Oh, that’s right, we’re talking about Bryan Colangelo, the Man Who Can Do No Wrong. Like Bargnani, DeRozan is a lottery pick that simply hasn’t panned out. While most young players improve during their first few years in the league, DeRozan has actually gotten worse every single year, which is an impressive feat. He’s a shooting guard who can’t shoot, defend, pass, and rebounds like Steve Nash. But hey, at least the guy can dunk, right? This year there are around 50 players who will make $10 million or more in salary. Is DeRozan anywhere near a top 50 player in this league?
    Source:
    http://wagesofwins.com/2012/11/02/go...2009-draftees/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    I don't know if anyone posted this, but wagesofwins take:

Source:
    http://wagesofwins.com/2012/11/02/go...2009-draftees/
    The only thing I would point out from that is he is paid $3.3M this season. We'll be able to answer the question of whether he is a top 50 player in the league or not next year.

But based on his performance thus far, I would say the quote is accurate looking in the rearviewmirror.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I would point out from that is he is paid $3.3M this season. We'll be able to answer the question of whether he is a top 50 player in the league or not next year.

But based on his performance thus far, I would say the quote is accurate looking in the rearviewmirror.
    Too bad no one told Colangelo he could wait a year. (I'm not being snarky as I know you agree with that.)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread Information