Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Derozan contract that bad?

Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    So it begins.

I recall this type of reaction when Bargnani was extended.
    I hate to be that guy, but if this is true, BC has undone all the good work he has done in the past 2 years.
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks official:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...ension-sources

The Toronto Raptors reached an agreement on a contract extension with forward DeMar DeRozan ahead of Wednesday's midnight deadline, sources told ESPN.com.

DeRozan has agreed to the structure of a deal that would pay him $40 million over the next four years, plus incentives. It is expected the contract will be finalized after the Raptors play the Indiana Pacers in their season opener.

The athletic DeRozan averaged 16.7 points and 3.3 rebounds for the Raptors last season and has been one of the cornerstones of the franchise's rebuilding project over the last two years.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF. Man I'd like to have BC as a boss. $40 over 4??? And he didnt even have to do it? I am neither a DD nor BC downer but this doesnt make sense.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

What most of you seem to forget is that there are teams out there that are willing to pay just as much money to obtain him. Is Demar worth the $40 million we're paying him? Probably not (well not at the moment). He's worth more around $7-8 million per year, but what something is worth is not the same as the amount pay for to obtain it for yourself Let's look at an everyday example. Let's say that you want to buy an antique at an auction. An expert says that the antique is worth about $300. At an auction, you have multiple interested buyers. You might just have to pay more than $300 to outbid and secure the antique for yourself. You might have to pay $400 or even higher. The same goes for Demar at the moment. Are we overpaying him? Yea probably a little, but we have no choice if we want to keep him. I'm almost 110% sure that he won't agree to a 4 year $32 million contract and he will accept a 4 year $40 million contract from an opposing team.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Makes sense

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    WTF. Man I'd like to have BC as a boss. $40 over 4??? And he didnt even have to do it? I am neither a DD nor BC downer but this doesnt make sense.

Harden 16millions/year
    Ty Lawson 12 millions/year

So DD, will average 15ppg....so yeah.
    10 millions/year is about right.
    It's what market would pay;
    I dont see this as overpaying at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote benitonicoya wrote: View Post
    Harden 16millions/year

I partially agree with you! I agree that it's what the market would pay for him, but I don't quite agree that he's not overpayed at all. He's slightly overpaid, but what can you do if you want him on your team and not go to another team. You're gonna have to pay more than you originally wanted.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Harden 16millions/year

That's a terrible example IMO. Both those guys play great defense and can spread the floor better than Demar. Lawson gets just as many point with 3x the assists and better defense. Harden averaged more points as a 3rd option off the bench. Derozan is no where near the calibre of Lawson or harden. And harden was overpaid aswell.

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It is too much? Probably
    Is it going to kill their financial flexibly ? Probably not

I'm OK with it I suppose, the Kid has his faults but does work hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OzRapFan wrote: View Post
    It is too much? Probably
    Is it going to kill their financial flexibly ? Probably not

I'm OK with it I suppose, the Kid has his faults but does work hard.
    +1

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Update: Deal is actually for 38 millions / 4 years;
    So that's 9.5 millions /year for Derozan.

So considering Stephen Curry got 11 millions/ year.

Leave it alone. Deal is Ok. He'll earn the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree! Leave it alone! It's fine. $38 million/4 year deal is a decent contract. It's only if he meet the incentives is the contract worth $42 million. If you really think Demar is gonna agree to a $28-32 million/4 year deal, you're pretty delusional!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable. So much money for one of the league's worst players.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    If you really think Demar is gonna agree to a $28-32 million/4 year deal, you're pretty delusional!
    He will agree to alot less in the open market because he won't have a choice. Did you see that miss in the last minute of the game?! pathetic he ain't no closer!!! fancy playground player that's what he was out there. He is Ronnie Brewer (will tease you with his skills but will never be consistent enought to put it all together) nothing more nothing less. We might as well throw big money around like the turd Field looking every bit as much as the 6 million dollar D-leaguer player we all thought he was.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    He will agree to alot less in the open market because he won't have a choice. Did you see that miss in the last minute of the game?! pathetic he ain't no closer!!! fancy playground player that's what he was out there. He is Ronnie Brewer (will tease you with his skills but will never be consistent enought to put it all together) nothing more nothing less. We might as well throw big money around like the turd Field looking every bit as much as the 6 million dollar D-leaguer player we all thought he was.
    That's an insult to Ronnie Brewer. RB is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty disappointed.

Flexibility gone.

Bird Rights, MLE, and minimum contracts remain.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    Unbelievable. So much money for one of the league's worst players.
    I have NO words regarding this extension. A poor shooter (no 3s to speak), who can't dribble or finish at the rim and worse, cannot defend at his position. Can someone refresh my memory why Terence Ross was drafted again?

PS> I understand that Terence ain't ready yet. Didn't we also sign Landry Fields (a guy that at least defends and rebounds better)? Time to pull out my Demar dunce cap Avatar pic once again!!!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    and, dare I say, when JV was drafted
    A valid reaction to an inconsistent GM that flies by the seat of his pants. Most people by the start of the 2011 season were good with the JV pick . It's the start of 2012 season and I'm still not happy with drafting Ross when Drummond was still available & I will sadly be proven correct in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I have NO words regarding this extension. A poor shooter (no 3s to speak), who can't dribble or finish at the rim and worse, cannot defend at his position. Can someone refresh my memory why Terence Ross was drafted again?
    Cause Harrison Barnes was off the board thanks for not tanking!!! & Colangelo wanted to look smart for not going to the Drummond pick and pick based upon need not talent. Big mistake.

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    PS> I understand that Terence ain't ready yet. Didn't we also sign Landry Fields (a guy that at least defends and rebounds better)? Time to pull out my Demar dunce cap Avatar pic once again!!!
    Better put the dunce cap on Colangelo head because Steve Nash was his first choice, my gawed can you imagine Casey puting Calderon and Nash at the same time?! any NBA starting guard would carve those two defence like a turkey. That Landry Fields looks like a worse signing then I could have thought in game number 1.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF is Colangelo thinking. Derozan is a below average starting sg. I'd almost rather have Anderson starting at the 2, he can defend, shoot, and rebound

Post Thanks / Like

Deal is NOT okay based on what we know about him currently. We'll see this season if he steps it up or not. And I'm not talkin bout scorin..

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information