Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Derozan contract that bad?

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    most NBA players at the 2 or 3 are better defenders and rebounders then DD so what's your point?!

Drummond is a project yes but so is Ross and right now I rather take the rookie who is build like a tank then the twinner rookie who can't drive to the basket or aim at the net.
    That's exactly my point, anyone is better!!! And it sure doesn't cost $40 Mil! Look, if they did snag Drummond, then this signing may make sense. But with Ross, he will rot in the pine for the next 4 years to justify this joke of a contract for DD. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think this kind of money thrown at someone like DD is ludicrous!!!

What really gets me is, he's not even a "Casey" type player. Now, DC will not have a choice but to play him more now. If people thought that the Landry contract was bad, this I think is twice as bad.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LamarVannoy wrote: View Post

By the way, I'm super excited for the 12 million per year we're inevitably giving Davis as soon as he's eligible.
    Will we have enough for Lowry?! lol Lowry is probably licking his lips saying "damn I can get Max contract out of these fools"

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was probably in the minority but was hoping for Nash. The Fields signing didn't bother me much. Not trading Bargnani after so many seasons was odd, but somewhat understood.. however this contract for DeMar - that's just over the top!

I was patient with Bryan.. but not anymore. I really hope we do not pick up his extension. 2012 has been a real disappointment, and the season is only 1 game old.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If it wasn't for the 0-0 at the free throw line I never would have caught the sarcasm. My blood pressure was rising as I thought of missed layups, missed jumpers, blown rotations, and horrible defense on base line screens.
    Is that Derozan or Bargnani you're talking about?

Raptors Republic Rookie chrischris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Derozen has shown nothing to say he's worth 10mill/year. Yea ok 15 pts/game...but that's on a below par team where he was given the shots to get that many pts. I was upset before the game...now I'm pissed after watching him struggle the entire night. We're going to be stuck in mediocrity for another 4 years with him on this team.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We can only hope this is a precursor for a trade....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote chrischris wrote: View Post
    Derozen has shown nothing to say he's worth 10mill/year. Yea ok 15 pts/game...but that's on a below par team where he was given the shots to get that many pts. I was upset before the game...now I'm pissed after watching him struggle the entire night. We're going to be stuck in mediocrity for another 4 years with him on this team.
    Unfortunately true. You don't see teams going deep in the playoffs with sub par starting sg's that are below average defenders at best

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    Is that Derozan or Bargnani you're talking about?
    Lol, how many times did we hear Devlin say, "no help D", while Bargnani stood on the weak side with his thumb up his butt? Not exaggerating when I say it was at least 3 times in the first half alone.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

We've hoped this before. It's never a precursor for a trade. BC likes to dish out big money to mediocre talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    But with Ross, he will rot in the pine for the next 4 years to justify this joke of a contract for DD. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think this kind of money thrown at someone like DD is ludicrous!!!
    Ross hasn't showed me anything yet to suggest that he deserve something in this league. Yes you are right, throwing money at DD is ludicrous and it will be a headache for years to come.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, how many times did we hear Devlin say, "no help D", while Bargnani stood on the weak side with his thumb up his butt? Not exaggerating when I say it was at least 3 times in the first half alone.
    Yeah but it's also some of the worst pick n roll d I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous contract but not surprising in the least. There was no good reason for this. None. Colangelo bid against himself.

I know he's a horrible GM. I'm beginning to think he's also not the businessman I thought he was.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    @SI_ChrisBallard: Hey now. Don't forget that wing guys who don't rebound and can't shoot the three are hard to come by.

@mattomic: You're totally ignoring his dcRW% stats. (Reverse-windmill proficiency during dunk contests)

@bruce_arthur: DeMar DeRozan PER by year: 12.5. 14.4, 12.8. True shooting percentage: .554, .530, .503. So, yeah. Wheee!

@johnhollinger: Clearly, the Raptors looked at what Landry Fields got as an RFA and figured $40 million for DeRozan was fair value.

@WolstatSun: Wow, that's ... not a good contract

For those who think this is a good deal he'll make 500k more than bargnani per year.
    And Hollinger hands out the 3 way back hand

Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo probably believes that DeRozan is going to breakout this year and would be a tough sign come offseason. That's the only explanation i could think of on why he would sign DeRozan to this kind of contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Colangelo probably believes that DeRozan is going to breakout this year and would be a tough sign come offseason. That's the only explanation i could think of on why he would sign DeRozan to this kind of contract.
    Hope BC is right...and I hope DD still has the need to try harder now that he has his big contract.

Post Thanks / Like

When Beasley played for Minni, they didn't panic and say "we got to secure this guy" no they let him play and in the end they saw that he wasn't worth the money and let him go. Beasley just signed a 3 year deal worth 18 million dollars with Pheonix, well below what his agent and him hoped for.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

How does Colangelo keep surviving these egomaniacal 'my draft picks are great' type decisions?

Oh, right. MLSE is clueless and don't know who else to hire. Maybe they should ask Stern what he thinks.

Post Thanks / Like

i think what it all boils down to is this is a pretty fucking crazy dice roll
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Demar's agent caught Colangelo at the right time to ask for the money, I have seen it all before somewhere...

Haha, nice

Thread Information