Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Final possession. Call was fishy.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    The raptors blew the game with bad subbing and not hitting shots. This was there game for the taking. The play that bothers me is that out of bounds call with 20 seconds to go. The refs spent over a minute after the play to say it was pacers ball. Then they go look at the replay and say they don't have enough evidence to over turn the play. THe refs didn't see the who knocked the ball out so how could they ever said it was indiana ball? This should have been a jump ball play between the centres. This call was a game changer and because the refs obviously didn't see who knocked the ball out they should not be able to say it was pacers ball before the review.
    The review didn't show 100% evidence of who knocked the ball out of bounds but physics would say that based on how gerald greens hand was moving and how the ball was knocked out of bounds that gerald green knocked the ball out of bounds. The NBA needs to get there act together on these type of plays and stop allowing biased refering effect the outcome of the game.
    See, that's what I thought too. That if it was 100% inconclusive, then a jump ball is in order. Why say Pacers. That's what bothered me. Not cool!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Jump ball between Gerald Green and Jose! are you mad! Unless jose found his inner vince carter, there is no way we would have won the jump ball.
    Maybe not but that would not have given them time to draw up a play. Not on the spot anyway. ANd with a jump ball, a couple seconds would have been wasted for them to draw up a play. Anything could have happened.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Jump ball between Gerald Green and Jose! are you mad! Unless jose found his inner vince carter, there is no way we would have won the jump ball.
    I may be wrong, but I think in a situation like that, since neither Green or Calderon had possession, the jump ball would've been at centre court, with each team deciding who takes the jump (like an opening tipoff).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think in a situation like that, since neither Green or Calderon had possession, the jump ball would've been at centre court, with each team deciding who takes the jump (like an opening tipoff).
    oh... nevermind then. Then why the hell didn't the stupid ass refs do that? was it "be assholes to the raptors day" yesterday

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

As has been said, watching those replays there was no way to determine who touched it last, but clearly Jose was reaching upwards to catch the ball and Green was coming in and moving his hand in the direction the ball was going. Physics... Based on that, it's pretty hard to call it Pacers ball...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superchunk wrote: View Post
    As has been said, watching those replays there was no way to determine who touched it last, but clearly Jose was reaching upwards to catch the ball and Green was coming in and moving his hand in the direction the ball was going. Physics... Based on that, it's pretty hard to call it Pacers ball...
    I was thinking the same thing. However, I think it was Jack that mentioned that Green could have knocked Calderon's hand into the ball, thus making the ball follow the trajectory determined by Green, while still being touched last by Calderon... personally, I thought it was Toronto ball all the way, even before seeing any replays.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information