how likely is demar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how likely is demar...

to get traded after signing that extension?

discuss.

that contract is near untradable
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

there is a 3 month waiting period before he can be traded I believe.

Comment

I'm hoping there's a 100% chance of a trade :|

If Turkeyglue can get dealt, no reason why DeRozan can't. It's one of the few things Colangelo does well....play the sleazy salesman.

Comment

I'm hoping Memphis approved the contract before BC put pen to paper... otherwise I have no way of justifying that contract, especially after just drafting Ross and signing Fields (both are SGs).

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            like turkoglu's...oh wait.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I'm hoping Memphis approved the contract before BC put pen to paper... otherwise I have no way of justifying that contract, especially after just drafting Ross and signing Fields (both are SGs).
              I desperately want to jump on this idealogy, but I think it's a little too far-fetched (but man, I hope I'm wrong...).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I desperately want to jump on this idealogy, but I think it's a little too far-fetched (but man, I hope I'm wrong...).
                haha I do too... but without some sliver of hope that we turn DeRozan into a legitimate starting SF, that contract is downright unbearable!

Comment

If lewis, arenas, turkoglu etc. can be traded, i don't see how DD can't be traded.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    If lewis, arenas, turkoglu etc. can be traded, i don't see how DD can't be traded.
                    Except two of those guys you mentioned (Arenas, Lewis) were traded for each other

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      It's the NBA. No contract is immovable. Just depends on what you're willing to take back.

Comment

Joe Johnson was just traded this past offseason ... his was said to be the worst deal in the NBA at over $126M ...

I've said it before, it's all about retaining assets - whether they're being kept or not. You have to look at the market.

Taj Gibson gets $38M, a huge injury risk Steph Curry gets $44M, Jrue gets $46M, and Demar with $42M ... of the people in his draft class - it's in the ballpark of players with various balances of potential versus performance. I think it's a bit of a risk, but that's the game.
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                          Joe Johnson was just traded this past offseason ... his was said to be the worst deal in the NBA at over $126M ...

I've said it before, it's all about retaining assets - whether they're being kept or not. You have to look at the market.

Taj Gibson gets $38M, a huge injury risk Steph Curry gets $44M, Jrue gets $46M, and Demar with $42M ... of the people in his draft class - it's in the ballpark of players with various balances of potential versus performance. I think it's a bit of a risk, but that's the game.
                          The difference is that despite their large contracts, Joe Johnson, Taj Gibson, Jrue Holiday and Steph Curry all play their respective positions well.

We can't say the same about DeRozan.

Comment

Can we set the record straight right now....

Everything I'm reading says the official numbers are 4 years at $38 million. Everyone keeps throwing around $40 and $42 million and it's bugging me because I think things are being misconstrued - which is exactly what happened with Amir's signing.

If we're going to discuss the merits of the contract let's at least get the number right.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post

Sure, retaining assets is a good thing but this is a salary cap world and if it is an asset of dubious value going forward (I dont mean to be to degrading of DD) and you have overpaid for it then it is not wise. All the players you mentioned have in my view significant value within their own teams and are better skilled. I would have no problem doing a 1 for 1 trade for any of them. The question is would their teams do the same for DD? DD got overpaid for the value he provides the Raptors. He did not have to be signed right now giving the team one more year of his services during which Ross could provide a better feel for his talents and allowing the team various scenarios for actions during the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X