how likely is demar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

optifan wrote: View Post
    Everything I'm reading says the official numbers are 4 years at $38 million. Everyone keeps throwing around $40 and $42 million and it's bugging me because I think things are being misconstrued - which is exactly what happened with Amir's signing.

If we're going to discuss the merits of the contract let's at least get the number right.
    It's $9.5 million (per season) vs. $10.5 million. Whatever the number is, it's way too much.

Comment

Does anyone remember the apologists after the Hedo signing?

"B-b-b-but.. Portland made a similar offer first!"

That's the same thing as what we're getting now with the comparisons of other players getting similar deals. Hedo was good for literally 1 year in his career and somehow we gave him $50M. DeRozan has been good for none of his years.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

even doug smith is like wtf are you doing lol.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

even doug smith is like wtf are you doing lol.
          His description of last night's deadline being "artificial" is bang on.

Comment

On the contract itself, I think it's an overpayment of about $1.5 million per year, which wouldn't be huge cause for concern except that our roster is full of slight overpayments. Amir's just a little overpaid, Fields is just a little overpaid, Kleiza's just a little overpaid. All those little overpayments add up. If anything, I think this move probably increases the likelihood of them using the amnesty provision in the offseason. They'll need the flexibility.

Comment

he tweeted earlier about it and said he wants to be here, and we have the best fans.. clearly he dont read this site cause all everyone does here is bash there own players.. the contract is signed so get over it, you'll all be on his dick if he suddenly turns the corner this year and better here than after we trade him
              No Dissrespect...
              With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
                he tweeted earlier about it and said he wants to be here, and we have the best fans.. clearly he dont read this site cause all everyone does here is bash there own players.. the contract is signed so get over it, you'll all be on his dick if he suddenly turns the corner this year and better here than after we trade him
                If you pay me 40 mill I'll love you too.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                  On the contract itself, I think it's an overpayment of about $1.5 million per year, which wouldn't be huge cause for concern except that our roster is full of slight overpayments. Amir's just a little overpaid, Fields is just a little overpaid, Kleiza's just a little overpaid. All those little overpayments add up. If anything, I think this move probably increases the likelihood of them using the amnesty provision in the offseason. They'll need the flexibility.
                  I would not have given him more than Fields at this time because, to me, he represents the same level of risk.

I will continue to cheer for DeMar and hope he adds one or two skills to his game. I wish I could see a marker that would tell me this was definitely a possibility.

I am not a fan of The Spin Doctor and the Fields and DeRozan contracts did not change my position. All this flexibility poof, gone, for marginal starters who will either need to improve significantly or be replaced for the team to have any chance of contending for a title. It hurts even more that they were signed by 3 and 4 years respectively.

I am a sad panda today.

I will ask my wife to cheer me up and hope she comes up with something fun.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                    Except two of those guys you mentioned (Arenas, Lewis) were traded for each other
                    And then Lewis was traded again.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      And then Lewis was traded again.
                      Yes, but at a moment he could be bought out for about 2/3 of his contract.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                        Taj Gibson gets $38M, a huge injury risk Steph Curry gets $44M, Jrue gets $46M, and Demar with $42M ... of the people in his draft class - it's in the ballpark of players with various balances of potential versus performance. I think it's a bit of a risk, but that's the game.
                        This was the point I was also trying to make. Some people, there's just no convincing though.
                        Hence why I'm trying to stay out of this. Far too much Haterade in these threads for my liking. Haha

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
                        Well said Afro.

Comment

DeMar DeRozan is a boss. Don't underestimate the prodigy

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            This was the point I was also trying to make. Some people, there's just no convincing though.
                            Hence why I'm trying to stay out of this. Far too much Haterade in these threads for my liking. Haha

Well said Afro.
                            +1

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                              I believe amnesty can only be used for your own players signed before the 11-12 season. DD is ineligible.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                Yes, but at a moment he could be bought out for about 2/3 of his contract.
                                Which was still $15 million dollars to tell a guy to go home and wait for a call from Miami.

Comment

Working...
                                X