how likely is demar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Which was still $15 million dollars to tell a guy to go home and wait for a call from Miami.
    And they use that capspace now for a guy who played a few games last year and might not play this year.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      And they use that capspace now for a guy who played a few games last year and might not play this year.
      There is that.

That situation is weird. Is Gordon making them 'pay' for matching when he made it clear he wanted to go to Phoenix? Supposedly he has been cleared to play according to Hollinger's chat today.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        I believe amnesty can only be used for your own players signed before the 11-12 season. DD is ineligible.
        I wasn't clear; I didn't mean they'd amnesty derozan. They'd use it on Kleiza or, more likely, Amir.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
          I would not have given him more than Fields at this time because, to me, he represents the same level of risk.
          I think the contract is fine. We were never going to resign DeMar at Fields' level this year or next. DeMar is a much better player than Fields.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            DeMar DeRozan is a boss. Don't underestimate the prodigy
            I'll have to give you props for enthusiasm. Let's see if the 40 Million Dollar man makes it to the All Star Game this year. Yay points!
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              Let's see if the 40 Million Dollar man makes it to the All Star Game this year.
              He'll only be paid $3.3M this year though ...

And why do people always round the numbers up when they want to make their point made?
              Its a $38M Contract. Not $40M. Stop listening to the media.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                He'll only be paid $3.3M this year though ...

And why do people always round the numbers up when they want to make their point made?
                Its a $38M Contract. Not $40M. Stop listening to the media.
                i think defending what amounts to 500 000 a year so strongly shows how week any other defense of the contract is. no way he should be making more than beasley. i mean whats 500 000 anyway. teams can throw that away on players that haven't even entered the league yet.

unless demar steps up this year or next big time this deal is garbage for us. 5 years at 40 would have been better

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  unless demar steps up this year or next big time this deal is garbage for us.
                  Right, so its not QUITE Garbage yet. Give it some time to breathe. I'm simply reserving judgement. And I think alot of other people should do the same.

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
                    I think the contract is fine. We were never going to resign DeMar at Fields' level this year or next. DeMar is a much better player than Fields.
                    This comment hurts my brain

Comment

I hope DeMar proves everyone wrong.

Guy just turned 23 years old. He's still a very young player. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Harold Miner once turned 23 too.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Harold Miner once turned 23 too.
                          While this a clever comment, its a silly comparison.

Miner never averaged more than 10ppg, and never played more than 20mpg.
                          Never got to 3rpg. Never had 2apg.

In short, Harold Miner was never even close to the player Demar Derozan is.

Comment

despite Letter N's terrible comparisons and analysis's. He is very good at random predictions, he predicted that DeMar would drop 25 and he did. Funny thing is, he was joking/being sarcastic.

Comment

Working...
                            X