A Colangelo Picture Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Colangelo Picture Book

Seriously, can we all just f-ing chill out about the whole Demar contract? Like seriously. Before the contract was even stated, mostly everyone is saying how he's the future and how he has the potential to be a possible all-star in the future. Now that the contract is stated and it's higher than people would have liked, people are now switching views on how Demar sucks and how he'll never amount to anything (unlike what they previously said). I'm willing to bet $1,000 that if Demar turns around and becomes an All-star caliber player, you will be like "Demar is amazing", "I love Demar', and "We got him at such a bargain contract". So everyone please stop drinking the haterade and let time tell whether or not this was a bad idea. God... *rant over*

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      Seriously, can we all just f-ing chill out about the whole Demar contract? Like seriously. Before the contract was even stated, mostly everyone is saying how he's the future and how he has the potential to be a possible all-star in the future. Now that the contract is stated and it's higher than people would have liked, people are now switching views on how Demar sucks and how he'll never amount to anything (unlike what they previously said). I'm willing to bet $1,000 that if Demar turns around and becomes an All-star caliber player, you will be like "Demar is amazing", "I love Demar', and "We got him at such a bargain contract". So everyone please stop drinking the haterade and let time tell whether or not this was a bad idea. God... *rant over*
      It's virtually unanimous across the whole league (including Canadian media) that this is a bad contract. The "haterade" is entirely legit. The only folks claiming DeRozan is a future all-star are a select few Raptor fans (probably the same ones who said the same about Bayless last year).

Comment

pft , this is garbage you guys. Personally,I don't think the contract will look bad in about 15 games. And the media will be wrong about the Raptors again. All you Sheeple follow the media like they're Mommy and Daddy telling you what to do, craving their attention and guidance ... Bow to your masters sheep. Bahh to your masters.

Last edited by pesterm1; Fri Nov 2, 2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

The pictures weren't really meant to be about Demar's contract per se. Although I can understand the confusion considering Demar is the center of one picture. (I just couldn't find one with just Demar and Bargnani)

I guess a picture may be worth a 1000 words, but not necessarily the ones your trying to express.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
            pft , this is garbage you guys. Personally,I don't think the contract will look bad in about 15 games. And the media will be wrong about the Raptors again. All you Sheeple follow the media like they're Mommy and Daddy telling you what to do, craving their attention and guidance ... Bow to your masters sheep. Bahh to your masters.

+1

Comment

Demar's contract is quite large, but c'mon people, he's not that bad, and he's been steadily improving. I think Raptor's fans need to take a deep breath and wait and see how things pan out before going ballistic.

Comment

Th0m79 wrote: View Post
                Demar's contract is quite large, but c'mon people, he's not that bad, and he's been steadily improving. I think Raptor's fans need to take a deep breath and wait and see how things pan out before going ballistic.
                Thank you! +1

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  It's virtually unanimous across the whole league (including Canadian media) that this is a bad contract. The "haterade" is entirely legit. The only folks claiming DeRozan is a future all-star are a select few Raptor fans (probably the same ones who said the same about Bayless last year).
                  Whether this is a bad contract or not right now is meaningless. Is it too big ATM? Yea. Look at Barg. Everyone was complaining then about how his contract is too big and now everyone is saying how his contract is a bargain compared to other bigs in the league. So how about we all chill out and see what the future holds and then decide whether or not this was a bad idea....

Comment

All this complaining over Derozan's contract is identical to things we have seen in the past from our fans. Very typical Raptor fools.

-Like when there were still people complaining about Jose loosing his spot to Lowry. ( weeks later the entire fan base is ecstatic over Lowry)

-We draft Valanciunas, the fan base freaks out because we "drafted a soft euro". Val ends up impressing us and now everyone loves the guy.

Nothing new here this will be a similar scenario. Derozan will have a good season and live up to the contract and all the cry babies will act like they knew it all along.

Comment

Th0m79 wrote: View Post
                      Demar's contract is quite large, but c'mon people, he's not that bad, and he's been steadily improving.
                      He IS that bad. Every metric you can find will tell you so, and if you don't believe in advanced stats then I challenge you to spend the next 5 games watching nothing but DeRozan while the team plays. If that doesn't convince you then either you don't spend enough time watching other teams with star wings play or you simply have blinders on.

Fact is, the Raps are overpaying for the one NBA skill that is most easilly and cheaply replaced: high volume, low efficiency scoring. He brings nothing else to the table.

Comment

I think the person who will determine the worth of the contract is Demar himself. Perhaps the contract will be a bar he has to reach and perhaps surpass. He might be motivated to prove that the contract is not overpriced. Brian has taken a gamble on Demar and time will tell.

Comment

Too much, "wow, we're gonna suck again." or "wow, not this guy.".

Why now. "Let's see how this works out." or "alright, let's see this team work hard."

Too much bullshit negativity from many fans. Now, you don't necessarily need to be optimistic, but at least faithful.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ok it is obvious the social media types who work for MLSE and defend their boy - and who the real fans are.

Here's a new word for you vocabulary

SCRUBANGELO
                            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Jermain o'Neil For Roy Hibbert

"I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                              X