Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn Home Opener vs Toronto

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

we won't win because the home team has to win after a tradegy. watch the knicks beat the heat lol
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be great but how can you truly be happy about it! I mean, these players will be playing their first game at home officially. And their city is in total disarray. So yes it would be nice to beat them but I am sure their hearts will not be 1000% into it.

Just My thought anyway.

Go Raps!

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For all those attacking me for what I said, I'm just sick of people in Toronto repeating to themselves and others that the Raptors are sh*t and haven't changed, it is also a new roster...

Maybe I misinterpreted what he was saying.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't there a difference between saying the Raptors are sh!t, vs. acknowledging that another team is better?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Isn't there a difference between saying the Raptors are sh!t, vs. acknowledging that another team is better?

I dunno, the feeling of "submission" in the Raptors franchise is too familiar... We almost beat Indiana, so I'm not going to hang my head against BK.

Basically, I don't want to completely count out the Raps, not like this comment said earlier (you didn't say it, just sort of annoyed me):

There's no chance in hell we beat Brooklyn tonight. No chance.
    Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Fri Nov 2nd, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    I dunno, the feeling of "submission" in the Raptors franchise is too familiar... We almost beat Indiana, so I'm not going to hang my head against BK.
    We should have won that game, but it's just one game... and Indi was without Granger, to play devil's advocate.

On paper, Brooklyn has the 2 best individual players between the 2 teams: DWill and JJ. I personally think they are overhyped, I think that their bigs (Lopez & Hump) are overrated and think that their bench is abysmal. But I understand why people rank them higher than Toronto, too.

I think Toronto matches up quite well with Brooklyn, as long as Lowry, Fields and DeRozan can contain DWill, JJ and Wallace. I think Toronto needs to pound them down low, setting Bargnani on attack mode and slapping him if he takes more than 20% of his shots from outside 10' against Hump.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically, I don't want to completely count out the Raps, not like this comment said earlier (you didn't say it, just sort of annoyed me):
    I'm with you on the 2nd point. Even last year with a very weak roster, the Raptors were in basically every game, and could've beaten any team on any night. This year, with a noticeably improved roster, should mean more wins.

For the record, I think Brooklyn is overhyped too. I don't see them as a top-4 seed at all, but I do see them making the playoffs relatively easily.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Nov 2nd, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Brooklyn's bench sucks.. once their bench comes in, that's when we'll attack. Hopefully Amir/Jose have a good game tomorrow.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just announced that NBATV has picked up the Brooklyn/Toronto game for tomorrow night. I would expect a lot of viewers due to the significance of the first game in Brooklyn.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully we can ruin their new city home-opener, much like their tanking last year ruined our chances at #7 pick! lol Payback's gonna be a bitch Brooklyn! Karma's comin' to getcha!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani and Val are going to destroy in the paint. Lopez is a lazy piece of shit on the boards and defense. Val should dominate

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    From this point on (after the Demar extension), the season just got interesting. I'd love for BC to "spin" his way out of this one. There's no chance in hell we beat Brooklyn tonight. No chance.
    Way to cheer your team on, you're an amazing fan...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    Just announced that NBATV has picked up the Brooklyn/Toronto game for tomorrow night. I would expect a lot of viewers due to the significance of the first game in Brooklyn.

Wow... this is just too good...

We're on NBA TV for tomorrow AND Tuesday!

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow... this is just too good...

We're on NBA TV for tomorrow AND Tuesday!
    The pressure's on!

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Brooklyn's bench sucks.. once their bench comes in, that's when we'll attack. Hopefully Amir/Jose have a good game tomorrow.
    I like the fact that you have a picture of Colangelo avatar when you say that because he actually believes that. In the end of the day its the stars that close out games not the bench which is why the Raptors struggled all these years when the starting lineup didn't look like a starting lineup but a bench one. However Brooklyn can falter & will falter when one of their starting player's will go down to an injury due to the thin bench, hopefully it will be against the Raptors & Bargnani and Derozan better show up!!!

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rivalry in the making

If we beat Brooklyn at their home opener, a game that will be down in history I'm sure that would put a bitter taste in their mouths every single time they play the raps. We already lost to them once in the playoffs, and we're both in the Atlantic so this is just more fuel for the fire.
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone post the url for a stream? All the normal sites have only games that, for me, started on the 3rd, I got home after midnight here and there are no raps links I can find
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

hahaha, cuz the games on saturday not friday dummy (slapping my head...d'OHHHH)
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to rub it in our wounds, Charlotte beat Indiana today 90-89 and the best player was Kemba Walker going 10-21 with 30 points.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Way to cheer your team on, you're an amazing fan...
    OK, I'll play along. Raps beat the Nets 102 - 97. Demar scores 27 points and 5 rebounds. He shocks the crowd with 2 amazing highlight reel dunks and will even drain 3 treys. There, that makes me an awesome superfan such as yourself.

PS> I'm annoyed by people that has a problem with choice. I don't question your enthusiasm, why question mine (or lack thereof) as it pertains TO THIS GAME? Grow up bro. Everyone here has an opinion. Expressing a potentially realistic outcome is a part of being a fan. Relax.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information