View Poll Results: Who should start at SF?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fields

30 61.22%
  • Kleiza

3 6.12%
  • Anderson

8 16.33%
  • DeRozan

7 14.29%
  • T. Ross

1 2.04%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who deserves to be the starting SF for now? (POLL)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who deserves to be the starting SF for now? (POLL)

This might be a little premature, but Landry Fields has not been particularly impressive. If I'm Coach Casey, his days as a starter are numbered. I'd honestly be tempted to try Anderson or Kleiza starting tomorrow. It seems silly to let Kleiza rot without giving him an honest shot at proving himself. The dude obviously has talent. Is he destined to become yet another player the Raps trade away and then suffer watching him excel under a different coach who understands his value?

I'd like to see Casey try starting Kleiza. It's be an all-Euro frontcourt with an athletic all-American backcourt. Just might work.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't change the starting lineup after one game.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A wise man once said "1 game does a season not make."

Casey obviously had a reason to name Fields the starter after training camp and preseason. What is the point of second guessing him after 1 game? Plus Kleize is too slow to guard Gerald Wallace, so starting him next game wouldn't be a good match-up for him.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Fields doesn't improve, I wouldnt mind starting Anderson. Doube A can ball

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fields should still start.

Kleiza seems to be at his best when he's chucking, (either as a primary option on his National team, or as an instant-offense type player off the bench). I can't see him excelling as a role player in the starting lineup for a club that's trying to develop a defensive identity.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm confused now. Is DeRozan the SG or SF? I thought all that talk in the other thread made it sound like he's the SF (because he clearly does not have the skillset to play SG)?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Oh I'm confused now. Is DeRozan the SG or SF? I thought all that talk in the other thread made it sound like he's the SF (because he clearly does not have the skillset to play SG)?
    He doesn't have the skillset to play either

But DeRozan is our starting SG. Fields the SF.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

i always liked the idea of having DD at SF since he can't shoot 3's anyways, and then starting Ross who'll get a chance to develop a little faster.

its understandable you don't make a change after one game, but having 2 wings that can't shoot I REPEAT CANNOT SHOOT isn't going to get you anywhere.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    but having 2 wings that can't shoot [from 3] I REPEAT CANNOT SHOOT [from 3] isn't going to get you anywhere.
    However, having a PG and PF who can [shoot from 3] makes up for this lack of Out-side shooting, and actually provides the Wings more room in the Paint to Drive.

To answer the thread, no one "deserves" to start at SF.
    Landry Fields is the Starter by Default as he appears to be the most skilled out of the Options we are given.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

but Landry doesn't really drive
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Landry still needs some time to settle in, he's getting paid the big bucks. If he doesn't work out, I'd like to see Alan Anderson given the nod. He is solid and impresses me every time I watch him.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fields without a doubt. One game is nothing. For one it's his first game of the season and most importantly, his first game as a Raptor. Let him settle down.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think Fields is going to be much better than what he's shown us. But I still don't like how we are starting games. The consistent issue I saw with preseason was that we were giving the opposing team a big lead. Against Indy it was much closer (2 point difference) but Indy shot over 50% from the field, where as Toronto was shooting around 35%.

I like the idea of bringing in a guy that can shoot (or has shown that he can shoot at least last year) and play defense. I say go with Anderson, but give Fields more overall minutes.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I chose Anderson. I don't think a change is really necessary at this point, and I could have very well voted Fields. This vote is more that if Fields keeps putting up duds, then Anderson is by far the most consistent performer on both ends of the court, and plays within himself most times. Ross is still way too green. Kleiza has done nothing to suggest he's capable of taking that spot, and will probably only get burn for matchups (coming up against the Nets he'll probably play, what with a big SF like Wallace). AS for Demar, he's going to be in the starting lineup, and I find it damn near impossible to believe Casey would start the game small. So if he always starts next to another wing, then it doesn't matter if you call him the SF or SG.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

TERENCE williams any body we probably should have to waive some one but i think he is good playe to add a the sf even start

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah its premature. Fields should still start. One game hasn't defined all 82 games. Kleiza could start if he eventually falters though. But with that big contract he got lets hope he lives up to it by knocking down some "tres" along with his already above average defense.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ab7 wrote: View Post
    TERENCE williams any body we probably should have to waive some one but i think he is good playe to add a the sf even start
    Exactly the kind of dumbass Casey and BC probably never want to see on the team again. I mean, a lottery pick who didn't even finish his first 2 years with the same team, who's had 3 teams, and has been to the D-league. Maybe he needs some time overseas to humble him and fix his attitude, like Gerald Green.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

After 1 game, throw out what they've been working on for a month of training camp and preseason? Say what you want about him, but I'm sure glad that Casey has a cooler head than many fans, or any head at all.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

for me it should have been anderson on the inactive list last game with lk coming in off the bench if only to hope other teams are interested in a trade for anything before we amnesty him.

fields should be starting and will get every chance he needs to succeed, bc doesn't need any huge looking fuckups this year. on wins he will be praised for either cutting/defending well and on losses will be excused. in another thread it was shown that he had the best
    +- of all the starters

Post Thanks / Like

Please add "None of the Above" as an option.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information