View Poll Results: Who should start at SF?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fields

30 61.22%
  • Kleiza

3 6.12%
  • Anderson

8 16.33%
  • DeRozan

7 14.29%
  • T. Ross

1 2.04%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who deserves to be the starting SF for now? (POLL)

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Voted T Ross .. and mark my words, he will be starting by mid season.

He looked god awful in the first game (so did Fields .. its a real toss up who looked worse) .. but we gotta give this guy some run.

If the question is literally who should start next game .. I guess thats still Fields .. but trust me (and Ive said it many times already) Fields and Derozen will NOT work as a 2/3 combo when neither of them can shoot the ball. It just will not lead to a cohesive team.
    We already saw a glimpse with Jose playing 2 down the stretch in the first game .. you will see a lot more of that (or T Ross)

Raptors Republic Rookie Tortacular's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm okay with fields for now. But eventually you want to see Ross and Derozan starting together.
    You can find me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

The fact people are seriously voting Alan-F*cking-Anderson, Mr. D-League himself, to Start over Demar or Landry (or Linas of course), is pretty unbelievable. I can appreciate that he's a Consumate pro, and solid role Player, but guys ... Alan Anderson?
    I'd rather start Dwane Casey at the SF.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't hate on AA man, he's very experienced, with some nice playmaking skills. Plus he's not a liabilty on D

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fields.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    The fact people are seriously voting Alan-F*cking-Anderson, Mr. D-League himself, to Start over Demar or Landry (or Linas of course), is pretty unbelievable. I can appreciate that he's a Consumate pro, and solid role Player, but guys ... Alan Anderson?
    I'd rather start Dwane Casey at the SF.
    At least Casey wouldn't blow his rotation assignments. Maybe we should give him a chance.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The best small forward at camp and through the first game is Alan Anderson. He shouldn't start though. Fields should start. AA makes an excellent part of the second unit, a strength of ours this year.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Deserving has nothing to do with it. AA might deserve it based on his hard work, but playing the most deserving guys doesn't necessarily win games. Long-term, developing Fields and Ross is the organizational priority. I wouldn't change the lineup at least for the first month, and give Fields an opportunity to succeed. That said, I'd make him the first sub off most nights, get him back on the court with Calderon against a second unit, and draw up some plays that will help him get some confidence.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fields for now and whomever they trade JC and Amir for afterwards. Off topic, but just wondering if can Kleiza still be amnestied?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

GAY!!! (The player...that is)

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Fields for now and whomever they trade JC and Amir for afterwards. Off topic, but just wondering if can Kleiza still be amnestied?
    If I'm not mistaken I believe he can. Anyone who was signed before the last CBA came into effect.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    If I'm not mistaken I believe he can. Anyone who was signed before the last CBA came into effect.
    Yup, anyone who was signed before the new CBA came into effect (who hasn't changed teams).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Voted Double D. Still think that DD should be forced to use his athleticism to grab boards and guard some of these bigger guys while Ross can spot up as an off guard. Basically I view DD at the 3 as a forcing more responsibility on him. He's a locked in Raptor now so they gotta squeeze him for whatever they can. Besides, neither Ross nor the starters are doing much to inspire me as they are presently slotted in the rotation anyway.
    "Analytics has a place. It can’t be the be all end all. I’m still trying to figure out when the Oakland Athletics won a championship with all the analytics they have."
    —Coach Hollins, who is a better basketball mind than you are.

Thread Information