Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Jay-Z's got 99 problems and the Raptors will make 100. Hit me! (vs BK Nets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    F*ck... I don't even...

I'm just losing faith in the team but I have tickets to tomorrow's game

F--k.
    We were the eight worst team in the league last year. Yes we are better but how much? The craziest expectation for this year is playing about .500. You beat the bad teams, hold your own with the middle teams and lose to the good ones. In two games, we've held our own with the good ones. Now just don't let me down with a loveless (and Rubio-less) wolves tomorrow (back to back be damned!)

Comment

well they played through some terrible officiating. I was complaining about it from the get go. One clear play raps got away with was a Lowry save where he was clearly out of bounds but thats it.

Starters were really good tonight and actually started well. Didn't see that Gray or DM were too effective to ignore their offensive limitations. Fields had some nice plays and even a shot. DD really came to play and the Raps had every chance to win this game.

I love Casey but I'm already questioning his rotations and play calling. DeMar was sitting for too long IMO and the scrubs got too much burn.

JL3 looked like a 3rd string pg tonight.
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Can someone explain to me why our best center was not on the floor for the second half? I started watching from the second. Is he injured? If not are we purposely trying to lose here. Ed looked good in the last two games.

Comment

More Ed Davis and less Bargnani PLEASE.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

doublesman wrote: View Post
            Can someone explain to me why our best center was not on the floor for the second half? I started watching from the second. Is he injured? If not are we purposely trying to lose here. Ed looked good in the last two games.
            I couldn't watch either but I have a feeling it's about what you didn't see in the first half (scroll back)

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
              well they played through some terrible officiating. I was complaining about it from the get go. One clear play raps got away with was a Lowry save where he was clearly out of bounds but thats it.

Starters were really good tonight and actually started well. Didn't see that Gray or DM were too effective to ignore their offensive limitations. Fields had some nice plays and even a shot. DD really came to play and the Raps had every chance to win this game.

I love Casey but I'm already questioning his rotations and play calling. DeMar was sitting for too long IMO and the scrubs got too much burn.

JL3 looked like a 3rd string pg tonight.
              I think he is figuring out the rotations.

*at least I hope that is what it is*

Depth is a great thing which we've talked about but 12 guys playing and 10 of them playing twelve minutes or more is not a good thing in my opinion.

Comment

Soo...since lowry is our offensive leader now, what do we need bargnani for? his scoring can be easily replaced by lowry, and he doesn't bring much else to the table.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  Soo...since lowry is our offensive leader now, what do we need bargnani for? his scoring can be easily replaced by lowry, and he doesn't bring much else to the table.
                  Sad but true.

Bargnani's horrible perimeter D on Wallace in the last couple of minutes killed any chance of a comeback win in this game.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Sad but true.

Bargnani's horrible perimeter D on Wallace in the last couple of minutes killed any chance of a comeback win in this game.
                    Bricking that wide open J didn't help much either. Bargs hasn't gotten his stamina up yet. worried about his effectiveness tomorrow
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      More Ed Davis and less Bargnani PLEASE.
                      I'm going to remember this line because that was what I was thinking ALL NIGHT LONG. How many more years in Bargs' contract? AB7 looks disinterested.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

This.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's been two games. Lets slow down. We don't know if Lowry can keep this up for a whole year. Andrea 's presence creates room for everybody.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Bargnani's settling for those jump shots. Bargnani can easily get cold, and with Lowry looking for his own shot before passing the ball in a lot of cases, he is not going to get as many opportunities as he did with Jose as the main facilitator. So if he hasn't warmed up then he will probably continue to brick those shots. I don't think it has much to do with this stamina.

Bargnani may need to change his game style. Perhaps attack more. If he plays closer to the rim then it won't matter if he doesn't get as many FGA's in a game. I'm not sure if that's what he wants to do though as its only been a small part of his game. Last season in those magical 13 games, Jose would dump him the ball, and he'd do his best impression of Bosh. Hold on to the ball and then try and make something magical happen. Not sure that strategy can work with Lowry as the PG.

That's two mediocre bigs that have had field days against us. That stings. I thought the Raps played well today. Still don't like the wing rotation. Not much Jose could really do on defense with a SG a lot bigger than he is.

DeMar looked like he had something to prove tonight. Hope he keeps it up, otherwise Bryan may be waiting at the unemployment line.

I really like Amir, but if we plan to keep Bargnani, and give JV spot up minutes, then we should try to trade Amir for a true center. Anyone but Kwame Brown though.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Sticking with my Bargs gets traded for anyone else prediction
                              talkin abt trading bargs- josh smith comes to mind. but nahh BC will be even smarter and "steal" andray blatche away from Brooklyn!!

Comment

The way I look at it, you shouldn't have more than one guy starting who take more from the table than keep on. I know I've beaten that analogy to death, but it's very simple. Bargs and Demar are semi effective on the offensive side and useless on the defensive end. Essentially, you lose more in a critical area than you gain in offense. It's not like either is a lights out consistent scorer, where you know they'll give you 25+ ppg a night to kind of make up for their other sins.

Demar just signed a 40 milli contract. It's time to cut Bargs loose.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X