Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Jay-Z's got 99 problems and the Raptors will make 100. Hit me! (vs BK Nets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shit terrible defense killed the raps today

1) andrea completely fucking lost on pick+rolls
    2) fields ALWAYS leaving his man to help on interior for some dumb reason (oh, and fields cant even score)
    3) calderon vs marshon, but i cant blame jose too much here, he stuck pretty well to marshon, but he lost to the height advantage giving up some critical points

and yes, can we get some more ed davis. he had so much energy and hustle tonight. lowry+davis 2012/13 plz

Comment

What was casey thinking putting jose in the 4th? his defense was complete garbage. Why the fuck wasn't Landry in the game? these are the reasons we lost the first 2 games. Poor decision making in terms of what line ups to use down the stretch. The entire starting crew should've been on the floor at the 4 min mark of the 4th quarter, you can't have a shit defender like jose playing its a recipe for losing. Btw Demar had an amazing game on both ends, our backcourt is awesome.

Comment

Demar and Lowry were VERY impressive tonight, loved those two. Easily the best back-court tonight in my opinion. Everyone speaking about Williams/Johnson being the best in the league, Derozan/Lowry consistently playing like that, we could be a top 10.

That second quarter was a huge reason for this loss tonight, and as much as I love Coach Casey, it was a bad move on him to keep such an ineffective lineup out for so long.

Looking at that lineup that was out there through the majority of the second quarter:

Calderon, Anderson, McGuire, Davis, Johnson. It was extremely ineffective offensively, not to mention the only shot creator was their point guard. Only positives in this lineup was the Amir/Jose pick-&-roll, and Mcguire helping out on Joe Johnson.
        This lineup defensively was also very sketchy. Brooks, Watson, and Reggie Evans really tore these guys apart throughout that quarter.
        As soon as the starting unit came in, they were also out of rhythm, being out so long. Lowry struggled to hold that ball, and Derozan was taking long two's.

If Kleiza was here, Ross getting minutes, and more minutes for JL3 would've changed this game instantly.

A little skeptical on the rotations here. That's just me though.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Ross should've been in playing Brooks. We would've lit his ass up, i do not know what is going on with the lineups yo. This is wack

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Ross should've been in playing Brooks. We would've lit his ass up, i do not know what is going on with the lineups yo. This is wack
            Lucas plays 6 minutes. Ross doesn't play at all... The starters were brought in too late. I mean, these rotations should've been figured out in pre-season....

A lineup better suited in that second quarter (depending on the fouls and minutes played in the first) would be Calderon, Derozan, Anderson, Davis, Bargnani. Or Calderon, Fields, McGuire, Bargnani, Amir. Mixing it up is much more effective. This team is deep, but 5 bench guys out there for 3/4 of a period is too much of a risk.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Lucas plays 6 minutes. Ross doesn't play at all... The starters were brought in too late. I mean, these rotations should've been figured out in pre-season....

A lineup better suited in that second quarter (depending on the fouls and minutes played in the first) would be Calderon, Derozan, Anderson, Davis, Bargnani. Or Calderon, Fields, McGuire, Bargnani, Amir. Mixing it up is much more effective. This team is deep, but 5 bench guys out there for 3/4 of a period is too much of a risk.
              I'm starting to get really worried about these retarded lineups. I don't want us to be losing cause coach casey is messing up rotations and lineups, this can't be happening in the regular season.

Comment

I'm starting to get really worried about these retarded lineups. I don't want us to be losing cause coach casey is messing up rotations and lineups, this can't be happening in the regular season.
                I like Coach Casey, but, as much as shit reffing, and bad mistakes. Coaching staff made some key mistakes as well...

Comment

Any chance Casey is accounting for the back to backs? Lots of experience with that last year.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Any chance Casey is accounting for the back to backs? Lots of experience with that last year.
                    Good point

Comment

Working...
                    X