Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand why people are panicking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand why people are panicking...

Seriously, it's been two games, against two very good teams. Yes, there are some issues that clearly need addressing (wing production, interior defense), but it really is foolish to think that this team is destined for futility at this point.

Both games have been close, and until this team figures out who is going to be the man down the stretch, there will be struggles. But I think that it will come with time.

It's a long, long season (remember, it's 82 games this year!), so let's not get worked up too much over what's happened to this point.

Agreed. I wasn't expecting to win either of these games. But when the games are this close, you can't help but get worked up a little

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
      Agreed. I wasn't expecting to win either of these games. But when the games are this close, you can't help but get worked up a little
      I agree. Tomorrow's game should be a win though. I think the Raps could beat the Wolves even if they had Love and Rubio in the lineup. Without them, i think it should be an automotic win.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

The defense is just not there from our starters. This group played 1 quarter of solid defense (the other night in indiana) in 2 games. We definitely need to adjust who plays with each other.

Comment

After a great 1st qtr Casey left the second unit in too long and let the Nets get the momentum back. I blame the coaching, but yeah 2 close games against good teams, need to steal a few of those to make the 8 though

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            I agree. Tomorrow's game should be a win though. I think the Raps could beat the Wolves even if they had Love and Rubio in the lineup. Without them, i think it should be an automotic win.
            The Raptors are playing the second of two nights in a row while the undefeated Twolves had Saturday off. It could be a Raptors win but they're never "automatic."

Comment

Who's panicking? I don't recall reading about anyone planning to jump out of a high storey building because the Raps lost again.

Comment

phillythekid wrote: View Post
                Seriously, it's been two games, against two very good teams. Yes, there are some issues that clearly need addressing (wing production, interior defense), but it really is foolish to think that this team is destined for futility at this point.

Both games have been close, and until this team figures out who is going to be the man down the stretch, there will be struggles. But I think that it will come with time.

It's a long, long season (remember, it's 82 games this year!), so let's not get worked up too much over what's happened to this point.
                I seriously don't know why ppl had soo much expectations. we are projected to win about 30 something games
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

most of you ppl are just setting yourself up for disappointment. let's just hope demar, ed and val gonna breakthrough so we can make a strong push next year
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Who's panicking? I don't recall reading about anyone planning to jump out of a high storey building because the Raps lost again.
                    I interpret proposals to break up the team at this point via the trade of combinations of Calderon, Fields, Ross and Davis as panicking.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                      After a great 1st qtr Casey left the second unit in too long and let the Nets get the momentum back. I blame the coaching, but yeah 2 close games against good teams, need to steal a few of those to make the 8 though
                      That left me scratching my head too. Think Casey is still figuring out the rotations but I don't really get why he seems to want to put in a second unit instead of mixing the starters and bench. Maybe it's early season conditioning issues? Whatever it is, that bench unit really lacks scoring punch unless JL3 is out there and happens to be on. They could probably really have used Kleiza tonight.

Comment

We lose cause the coaching staff is fucking up the lineups and the rotation. All the starters should be playing 28 - 30 mins a game minimum! and we need to close each quarter with the starters. The coaching staff better figure this out fast

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                          Agree totally with this. The lineup/rotation management wasn't very good tonight. May just be coach Casey experimenting, but, can't be doing that now.

To the original point, these were two games the team could've won, maybe that's a reason why people are panicking. It's in our control to close games, too many mistakes down the stretch. It happens with a completely brand new team though.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                            That left me scratching my head too. Think Casey is still figuring out the rotations but I don't really get why he seems to want to put in a second unit instead of mixing the starters and bench. Maybe it's early season conditioning issues? Whatever it is, that bench unit really lacks scoring punch unless JL3 is out there and happens to be on. They could probably really have used Kleiza tonight.
                            Kleiza, Ross, and JL3 would've easily changed the tempo of the game.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

phillythekid wrote: View Post

blew 10 point lead in both games
                              The culture of defense that was supposed to be brought by DC does not seem evident
                              Indy loss is typical of an oh-so-close 33 win team
                              Indy with out granger @ home is winable game - they lost to bobcats
                              Fields is well on his way to showing us he is the year 2 Nicks guy
                              Bargs is well on his way to showing us he is the listless volume shooter who doesn't play with heart
                              Allan Anderson is the best SF on this team

but most importantly this raptor team is too easy to shut down.

no playoffs - make a note of it
                              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                              X