Thread: In DEFENSE of DeRozan

Raptors Republic Rookie bhattmagandhi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default In DEFENSE of DeRozan

He's only getting 30 min/g because of Casey's rotation and his philosophy of spreading playing time around to all of the wing players. If DeRozan was getting ACTUAL STARTERS MINUTES - 37/38 minutes - he could EASILY be producing 20+ ppg and 5+ reb for his season averages. He just needs the playing time. And he deserves it. He's one of our few proven scorers. I say screw playing John Lucas and even play Fields less if you have to... get DeRozan on the court for 35+ min per night and we'll have a shot at keeping up with other teams scoring output.

Post Thanks / Like

Demar played well tonight. He just has to do it consistently.

Raptors Republic Rookie bhattmagandhi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor IQ on the team's part to not feed him... he was on fire vs the Nets... he needs more touches, he could've gone for 30-35 easily with more time & touches...

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

dude you need to calm down. I love derozan as much as you(probably more) but he's not an elite scorer(yet), we lost cause of poor lineups in the fourth and dumbass refs.

Post Thanks / Like

Derozan needs the complete minutes, and more touches. The offense should be ran through him in the post (done a good job in creating a shot down-low), because Andrea is getting to mid-ranged happy.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on what you want from DeRozan going forward.

Personally I couldn't care less how many shots he takes. Now that he's locked up I want him handling the ball a bit more so that he can learn to contribute in other ways. My problem with him isn't his ability to score, it's his inability to impact the game unless he's being spoon fed shots.

Raptors Republic Rookie Vincent's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Ticket for Tonight!

]I agree he played well even sticking a three, but DC needs to sort out what he has and who works well with who.

I have one free ticket for tonights game. Someone gave me a pair of season tickets and a friend cancelled. I want the ticket to go to a member of the Republic. Please pm me and as long as you can go the ticket will be yours. I want to be there early so I can see the warm ups. maybe 5 PM or so. Let me know if there is any interest.

Thread Information