In DEFENSE of DeRozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In DEFENSE of DeRozan

He's only getting 30 min/g because of Casey's rotation and his philosophy of spreading playing time around to all of the wing players. If DeRozan was getting ACTUAL STARTERS MINUTES - 37/38 minutes - he could EASILY be producing 20+ ppg and 5+ reb for his season averages. He just needs the playing time. And he deserves it. He's one of our few proven scorers. I say screw playing John Lucas and even play Fields less if you have to... get DeRozan on the court for 35+ min per night and we'll have a shot at keeping up with other teams scoring output.
    "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
    ------------------------------------------
    "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Demar played well tonight. He just has to do it consistently.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Poor IQ on the team's part to not feed him... he was on fire vs the Nets... he needs more touches, he could've gone for 30-35 easily with more time & touches...
      "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
      ------------------------------------------
      "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

dude you need to calm down. I love derozan as much as you(probably more) but he's not an elite scorer(yet), we lost cause of poor lineups in the fourth and dumbass refs.

Comment

Derozan needs the complete minutes, and more touches. The offense should be ran through him in the post (done a good job in creating a shot down-low), because Andrea is getting to mid-ranged happy.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Depends on what you want from DeRozan going forward.

Personally I couldn't care less how many shots he takes. Now that he's locked up I want him handling the ball a bit more so that he can learn to contribute in other ways. My problem with him isn't his ability to score, it's his inability to impact the game unless he's being spoon fed shots.

Comment

Free Ticket for Tonight!

]I agree he played well even sticking a three, but DC needs to sort out what he has and who works well with who.

I have one free ticket for tonights game. Someone gave me a pair of season tickets and a friend cancelled. I want the ticket to go to a member of the Republic. Please pm me and as long as you can go the ticket will be yours. I want to be there early so I can see the warm ups. maybe 5 PM or so. Let me know if there is any interest.

Comment

Working...
              X