Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: JV gets love Tross gets snub... why?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default JV gets love Tross gets snub... why?

    I understand that Toronto people may connect more with a guy from Lithuania because he sweeps snow off his car a few months out of the year just like the rest of us.

    However - why does he get so much more LOVE from the media and the organization than TROSS?

    Colangelo and Stephaniski still bummed the league F*'ed them out of Harrison Barnes?

    JV plays ahead of Legit NBA big men:
    Gray
    Amir

    Tross plays behind:
    Allan Anderson (career D leaguer )
    Calderon (out of position)
    Landry Kopono

    I saw TROSS in vegas this summer live he is electric - a wonderful athlete brimming with potential. He is already a better shooter than Derozen and is a tenacious defender.

    Why are they forcing the development of one rookie and inhibiting the development of another?

    seriously anyone? because to me it seems like total favoritism and stupidity
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,871
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ross didn't outplay anyone in preseason and we don't see how he does in practice. if he gets five minutes of burn and hits his 2 shots he will get another shift.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If Jonas is Coke, Ross is sprite.

    Doesn't matter if you like the taste more or not Coke is going to be the advertisement you see.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie Sheptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is exactly what he's talking about...The NBA loooves Sprite!

    Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    If Jonas is Coke, Ross is sprite.

    Doesn't matter if you like the taste more or not Coke is going to be the advertisement you see.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This has nothing to do with the fans .. we are all waiting to explode and cheer on T Ross. Caseys got his head up his ass and it makes absolutely no sense to me. Even if he "isnt earning it in practice" .. this is the dude that we stretched on with the #8 pick in a loaded draft (ahead of Drummond and others). Its one thing to do that .. its a whole other to do that and not play the guy.

    This team is not built for 2013 .. lets wake up! We are BARELY a playoff team at best. We should be feeding minutes to JV and TR to see what they can do. Especially when the options are Fields (playing awful) and AA / AG (d-leaguers).

    Ill be there tonight and screaming at Casey when it gets quiet if T Ross isnt getting run...

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    ...Why are they forcing the development of one rookie and inhibiting the development of another?

    seriously anyone? because to me it seems like total favoritism and stupidity
    Maybe because in the pre-season and so far in season games, JV shows that he is an asset on the floor and T Ross hasn't? Casey is trying to win games. JV is better than the other bigs the Raptors have. T Ross may have been lighting it up in summer league, but his play was far from stellar in pre-season. I think DeMar's play last night eclipsed anything the Raps might have reasonably expected from Ross.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i thought the raps were playing an inter squad game by the amount of calls going against them. especially the call on AAron where lopez moved his arms up under aaron's arm and pretended to shoot. wow!

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Maybe because in the pre-season and so far in season games, JV shows that he is an asset on the floor and T Ross hasn't? Casey is trying to win games. JV is better than the other bigs the Raptors have. T Ross may have been lighting it up in summer league, but his play was far from stellar in pre-season. I think DeMar's play last night eclipsed anything the Raps might have reasonably expected from Ross.
    If DeMar could play like that every game, he would actually be worth his contract and I'd eat all my pixels saying the contrary.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If DeMar could play like that every game, he would actually be worth his contract and I'd eat all my pixels saying the contrary.
    I could be drinking the cool aid on this one but I actually think:
    - DeMar has upside
    - he will continue to improve
    - the last 2 years of his contract could be GREAT value
    - he won't fizzle now that he has made money and will get an even bigger contract after this one
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    This team is not built for 2013 .. lets wake up! We are BARELY a playoff team at best. We should be feeding minutes to JV and TR to see what they can do. Especially when the options are Fields (playing awful) and AA / AG (d-leaguers).
    +1

    after last nights game you say .... hmm ok fields is struggling we are losing why not give ROSS a little bit of the Brooklyn-First-Game-ever rare air?

    Jayz and Beyonce we courtside - thats the kind of thing that gets a kid pumped and motivated ... no?
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    I could be drinking the cool aid on this one but I actually think:
    - DeMar has upside
    - he will continue to improve
    - the last 2 years of his contract could be GREAT value
    - he won't fizzle now that he has made money and will get an even bigger contract after this one
    I hope so.

    One thing I noticed on the lineups at the start of the game was DeRozan was slotted as the SF and Fields was the SG. It is all a little bit of semantics as they are wing players but if the organization is looking at DeRozan as a SF it will be interesting to see how he handles that on the defensive end. I recall him being overpowered by Wallace a few times in the post.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I hope so.

    One thing I noticed on the lineups at the start of the game was DeRozan was slotted as the SF and Fields was the SG. It is all a little bit of semantics as they are wing players but if the organization is looking at DeRozan as a SF it will be interesting to see how he handles that on the defensive end. I recall him being overpowered by Wallace a few times in the post.
    You're right, it's just semantics. They are putting Demar on the weaker offensive wing. Last night it was Wallace because Demar has been torched by Joe Johnson in the past.

    As for TRoss... Did anybody think that he positively impacted the game even close to as much as JV did in the preseason? If you did, we were not watching the same game. In the first regular season game he looked so lost. We are seeing what the coaching staff is seeing day-to-day, he is skilled but isn't as ready as JV. I don't think this thread is doing this, but please don't make this into a Euro BryCo love affair. TRoss (who I have been a big advocate of even before the draft) will get his time, and if they keep losing it will come sooner than later, but he should be thanking his lucky stars that JV is on this team to take some of the spotlight off of him and he can grow at the proper rate (cross your fingers and hope he is developed like James Harden, minus the trade to another team and then explodes).

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Maybe its because Jonas could be a building block and Ross looks like just another NBA journeyman.
    Deadallus

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ross is still learning the NBA game. He's lost out there, he'll get the hang of it eventually. Not all rookies adjust at the same rate

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Deadallus wrote: View Post
    Maybe its because Jonas could be a building block and Ross looks like just another NBA journeyman.
    That may vary well be.

    I think my point is YES give JV love and minutes... but also ... YES give TROSS love and minute also. Its not like he is playing behind LeBron James.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie Ion66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think we'll see more of Ross as the season goes on. These first two games have been against top Eastern teams, and as skilled as Ross may be potentially, he's still a bit undersized and raw. JV, and Ross may both be rookies, but JV is still the more overall exerienced player, especially in terms of high level competition. We shouldnt look past the fact that JV is essentially a #2 level pick and TRoss is a #11-12 that went #8. I think we'll see more of Ross as we play more of the weaker teams and the matchups are more favourable for a rookie. There was much talk of TRoss being more the future than DeMar, but I think the new contract tells us that DeMar is the now and TRoss's development isn't going to be rushed.

  17. #17
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I didn't read all the comments but here it goes.

    two rookies in a starting lineup = bad idea.

    Either JV starts or Ross...they picked JV...I would too.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In most of his preseason burn he looked lost and in over his head. He needs some weight and a better understanding of how to use his tools. Summer league doesn't mean a thing (otherwise DD would be all NBA and no one would be worried about his contract). Ross, at this point, hasn't shown a single reason as to why he should get minutes.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I didn't read all the comments but here it goes.

    two rookies in a starting lineup = bad idea.

    Either JV starts or Ross...they picked JV...I would too.
    I don't think anyone is saying start TRoss. I think the problem people have is he played like 6 minutes in the first game and didn't touch the floor last night.

    I think he should get minutes tonight on the second night of a back to back.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I didn't read all the comments but here it goes.

    two rookies in a starting lineup = bad idea.

    Either JV starts or Ross...they picked JV...I would too.
    TROSS got 6 mins in two games.

    I don't think anyone expects him to start now just needs some run.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •