JV gets love Tross gets snub... why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV gets love Tross gets snub... why?

I understand that Toronto people may connect more with a guy from Lithuania because he sweeps snow off his car a few months out of the year just like the rest of us.

However - why does he get so much more LOVE from the media and the organization than TROSS?

Colangelo and Stephaniski still bummed the league F*'ed them out of Harrison Barnes?

JV plays ahead of Legit NBA big men:
    Gray
    Amir

Tross plays behind:
    Allan Anderson (career D leaguer )
    Calderon (out of position)
    Landry Kopono

I saw TROSS in vegas this summer live he is electric - a wonderful athlete brimming with potential. He is already a better shooter than Derozen and is a tenacious defender.

Why are they forcing the development of one rookie and inhibiting the development of another?

seriously anyone? because to me it seems like total favoritism and stupidity
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

ross didn't outplay anyone in preseason and we don't see how he does in practice. if he gets five minutes of burn and hits his 2 shots he will get another shift.

Comment

If Jonas is Coke, Ross is sprite.

Doesn't matter if you like the taste more or not Coke is going to be the advertisement you see.

Comment

This is exactly what he's talking about...The NBA loooves Sprite!

Craiger wrote: View Post
        If Jonas is Coke, Ross is sprite.

Doesn't matter if you like the taste more or not Coke is going to be the advertisement you see.

Comment

This has nothing to do with the fans .. we are all waiting to explode and cheer on T Ross. Caseys got his head up his ass and it makes absolutely no sense to me. Even if he "isnt earning it in practice" .. this is the dude that we stretched on with the #8 pick in a loaded draft (ahead of Drummond and others). Its one thing to do that .. its a whole other to do that and not play the guy.

This team is not built for 2013 .. lets wake up! We are BARELY a playoff team at best. We should be feeding minutes to JV and TR to see what they can do. Especially when the options are Fields (playing awful) and AA / AG (d-leaguers).

Ill be there tonight and screaming at Casey when it gets quiet if T Ross isnt getting run...

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
            ...Why are they forcing the development of one rookie and inhibiting the development of another?

seriously anyone? because to me it seems like total favoritism and stupidity
            Maybe because in the pre-season and so far in season games, JV shows that he is an asset on the floor and T Ross hasn't? Casey is trying to win games. JV is better than the other bigs the Raptors have. T Ross may have been lighting it up in summer league, but his play was far from stellar in pre-season. I think DeMar's play last night eclipsed anything the Raps might have reasonably expected from Ross.

Comment

i thought the raps were playing an inter squad game by the amount of calls going against them. especially the call on AAron where lopez moved his arms up under aaron's arm and pretended to shoot. wow!

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                Maybe because in the pre-season and so far in season games, JV shows that he is an asset on the floor and T Ross hasn't? Casey is trying to win games. JV is better than the other bigs the Raptors have. T Ross may have been lighting it up in summer league, but his play was far from stellar in pre-season. I think DeMar's play last night eclipsed anything the Raps might have reasonably expected from Ross.
                If DeMar could play like that every game, he would actually be worth his contract and I'd eat all my pixels saying the contrary.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  If DeMar could play like that every game, he would actually be worth his contract and I'd eat all my pixels saying the contrary.
                  I could be drinking the cool aid on this one but I actually think:
                  - DeMar has upside
                  - he will continue to improve
                  - the last 2 years of his contract could be GREAT value
                  - he won't fizzle now that he has made money and will get an even bigger contract after this one

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                    This team is not built for 2013 .. lets wake up! We are BARELY a playoff team at best. We should be feeding minutes to JV and TR to see what they can do. Especially when the options are Fields (playing awful) and AA / AG (d-leaguers).
                    +1

after last nights game you say .... hmm ok fields is struggling we are losing why not give ROSS a little bit of the Brooklyn-First-Game-ever rare air?

Jayz and Beyonce we courtside - thats the kind of thing that gets a kid pumped and motivated ... no?

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                      I could be drinking the cool aid on this one but I actually think:
                      - DeMar has upside
                      - he will continue to improve
                      - the last 2 years of his contract could be GREAT value
                      - he won't fizzle now that he has made money and will get an even bigger contract after this one
                      I hope so.

One thing I noticed on the lineups at the start of the game was DeRozan was slotted as the SF and Fields was the SG. It is all a little bit of semantics as they are wing players but if the organization is looking at DeRozan as a SF it will be interesting to see how he handles that on the defensive end. I recall him being overpowered by Wallace a few times in the post.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I hope so.

One thing I noticed on the lineups at the start of the game was DeRozan was slotted as the SF and Fields was the SG. It is all a little bit of semantics as they are wing players but if the organization is looking at DeRozan as a SF it will be interesting to see how he handles that on the defensive end. I recall him being overpowered by Wallace a few times in the post.
                        You're right, it's just semantics. They are putting Demar on the weaker offensive wing. Last night it was Wallace because Demar has been torched by Joe Johnson in the past.

As for TRoss... Did anybody think that he positively impacted the game even close to as much as JV did in the preseason? If you did, we were not watching the same game. In the first regular season game he looked so lost. We are seeing what the coaching staff is seeing day-to-day, he is skilled but isn't as ready as JV. I don't think this thread is doing this, but please don't make this into a Euro BryCo love affair. TRoss (who I have been a big advocate of even before the draft) will get his time, and if they keep losing it will come sooner than later, but he should be thanking his lucky stars that JV is on this team to take some of the spotlight off of him and he can grow at the proper rate (cross your fingers and hope he is developed like James Harden, minus the trade to another team and then explodes).
                        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                        ― John Wooden

Comment

Maybe its because Jonas could be a building block and Ross looks like just another NBA journeyman.
                          Deadallus

Comment

Ross is still learning the NBA game. He's lost out there, he'll get the hang of it eventually. Not all rookies adjust at the same rate

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
                              Maybe its because Jonas could be a building block and Ross looks like just another NBA journeyman.
                              That may vary well be.

I think my point is YES give JV love and minutes... but also ... YES give TROSS love and minute also. Its not like he is playing behind LeBron James.

Comment

Working...
                              X