JV gets love Tross gets snub... why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mountio wrote: View Post
    This has nothing to do with the fans .. we are all waiting to explode and cheer on T Ross. Caseys got his head up his ass and it makes absolutely no sense to me. Even if he "isnt earning it in practice" .. this is the dude that we stretched on with the #8 pick in a loaded draft (ahead of Drummond and others). Its one thing to do that .. its a whole other to do that and not play the guy.

This team is not built for 2013 .. lets wake up! We are BARELY a playoff team at best. We should be feeding minutes to JV and TR to see what they can do. Especially when the options are Fields (playing awful) and AA / AG (d-leaguers).

Ill be there tonight and screaming at Casey when it gets quiet if T Ross isnt getting run...
    I don't think Casey/Colangelo agree. They're trying to win as many games as possible, and Ross just isn't ready to contribute meaningfully yet.

I think the same would be true of Valanciunas if the alternatives weren't an undersized Amir, or an overmatched Gray.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
      you keep saying he'll tear it up and nail 3's and all kinds of Kool Aid hype but he hasn't done anything in preseason to believe this. It's early in his career so I'm not saying he's a bust but at the moment (judging from preseason and the 6 minutes he spent impersonating a fan chosen randomly from the crowd in the opener) he's not shown an ability to nail anything but the rim nor tear anything up other than offensive sets.

I want to see him play, I really do. I just don't know where all this love is coming from.

I can't even begin to believe you put Ross and Harden in the same sentence.
      I kind of agree with the fact about he hasn't proven anything. I wasn't a huge fan of his when he got drafted. Up to now, who knows, but he really needs to calm down on the floor. He's playing faster than he can go.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        People can't take you seriously when you are so over the top all the time. The truth is he hasn't shown anything at this level of play yet. Why give him 20 minutes and a chance to shoot the Raps into a loss, just to find out if he can suddenly throw a switch and start playing better when the "playing time clock" hits 15 minutes?
        All the time? rarely. Its just early season optimism

Comment

He's just not ready yet and I feel that he's thinking too much after seeing him play those limited minutes. It's sort of like he needs to do something dramatic because he's scared he will get the hook at anytime. He just needs to calm down, spot up, play smart d and he will be fine.

It also doesn't help his cause that the Raptors use a 2 point-guard line-up often. He's too skinny to play the 3. It's a long season. He will find his way into the rotation.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
            He's just not ready yet and I feel that he's thinking too much after seeing him play those limited minutes. It's sort of like he needs to do something dramatic because he's scared he will get the hook at anytime. He just needs to calm down, spot up, play smart d and he will be fine.

It also doesn't help his cause that the Raptors use a 2 point-guard line-up often. He's too skinny to play the 3. It's a long season. He will find his way into the rotation.
            +1 just let the game come to you.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              One thing I noticed on the lineups at the start of the game was DeRozan was slotted as the SF and Fields was the SG. It is all a little bit of semantics as they are wing players but if the organization is looking at DeRozan as a SF it will be interesting to see how he handles that on the defensive end. I recall him being overpowered by Wallace a few times in the post.
              The TSN broadcast have him as the shooting guard and Sportsnet lists him as the small forward (I was curious so I checked the recordings on the PVR). All I know is that when they're both on the floor, Fields is usually guarding the opposing small forward.

Comment

Ross hasn't played much and hasn't looked good when he's been out there. Val has had one good game, one bad game, and one iffy game.

It's not a case of hype so much as Val is just a much more meaningful contributor at this point and looks more promising. Ross might turn into a very good player but if he can't crack this wing rotation at some point this year, no one's going to be talking about him much and expectations are going to be pretty low.

Comment

10 big ones!
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    10 big ones!
                    4-7 2-3(3pt) 10 pts... +7

mind you there was the smell of garbage in the air
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

still more points than the 40 million man got and in less than half the minutes
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                      X