No announcement yet.

Fire Colangelo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeRozan has the potential to score 18-20ppg for the next 4 seasons. Same with Bargnani. If they AT ALL develop any sense of defense, then the contracts of 10mil/year are justified. The reason that most people feel that they are overpaid is because they tend to play on Offense but not Defense. So that's the only concern I have with their pay. Aside from that, their offensive production, when they're playing the way they're capable of, warrant the type of money they're receiving.

In terms of firing Colangelo.... its 2 games into the season... the product is exciting and competitive.... seriously? It's too early to judge the year, and its far too premature for this type of talk...
    "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
    ------------------------------------------
    "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

Seriously... How many of these "Fire BC" threads do we need...? Maybe we need to make an "Everything Fire BC Thread".

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
        Seriously... How many of these "Fire BC" threads do we need...? Maybe we need to make an "Everything Fire BC Thread".
        I'll second that if it keeps it out of all the other threads.

Comment

It is well known that BC has been average if that and nothing more but firing him at this time is not the solution. There are no guarantees on this years team either but let's not get disheartened so soon. Losses can make us feel discouraged but let's be patient and give them some time. In my opinion, if they are 2 or 3 games under .500 at the all-star break, it's an encouraging sign 'cause this is a team that is being REBUILT. His performance as Raptors GM has not been great but let's not forget that he still is one of the shrewdest executives in the league.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
            It is well known that BC has been average if that and nothing more but firing him at this time is not the solution. There are no guarantees on this years team either but let's not get disheartened so soon. Losses can make us feel discouraged but let's be patient and give them some time. In my opinion, if they are 2 or 3 games under .500 at the all-star break, it's an encouraging sign 'cause this is a team that is being REBUILT. His performance as Raptors GM has not been great but let's not forget that he still is one of the shrewdest executives in the league.
            Exactly. Like I said to all the people who want BC out of Toronto, who are you gonna replace him with that will be any better than what he does that actually wants to be the GM of the Toronto Raptors? You fire BC and make Ed Stefanski GM (since he's more or less the next person in line). When Stefanski fucks up or does something we don't agree with (all GMs are constantly criticizes for what they do in every fan base in sports), people are gonna continue crying about how he needs to get fired as well. Fans need to realize that GMs will do things that not all of us agree with. BC has done a good job in the offseason getting Lowry, and JL3. Everyone was happy about it and praised BC about how this will help shape us into a potential playoff team. Everyone's saying, "In BC we trust". Now he gives Demar a slightly higher contract that we wanted, he deserves to be fired right out the bat? What's wrong with you and your logic? He does a lot things wrong (Maybe Demar's contract, Fields, and Bosh), but he also does a lot of things right (Draft JV, got a potential all-star in Lowry, and hired a defensive-minded coach in Casey). All GMs deal with this and BC is not any different. Is he an amazing GM? No, but he's still doing a decent job. He has reshaped a rebuilding team into a team that hasn't been this exciting to watch in a long time. Fans need to chill out when things don't go their way.

Comment

bargs 4-16 10pts 1 REB 24 mins vs a terrible team - I HATE watching his effort trade him now!

charlz wrote: View Post
              Forget all that

fire him because the root problem of this team will never be fixed while he is here.

The listless 7 foot italian kid who has the arrogance to suggest he hasn't worries about his jump shot since he was 6.

Bargs thinks he is the sh* because he has incredible skill and size.... but he is the furthest thing from a champion - and he shows it to us time and again... Most recently when 4 inches shorter DAVID WEST skull f'ed him in the 4th quarter of the home opener.

Torpedo Bargs and Calderon and Bring in a Nicolas Batum and the team will change over night.... easier said than done.

"I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                bargs 4-16 10pts 1 REB 24 mins vs a terrible team - I HATE watching his effort trade him now!
                Who in their right minds would take Bargnani right now?

Comment

Working...
                X