this lineup isn't working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p00ka wrote: View Post
    Based on listed heights and weights, LF is an inch taller and 15 pounds heavier than Ross, while AA is same height, with 25 lbs of additional man (not college boy) muscle. Not the same at all. T Ross holds a great deal of promise, but just like DD needed it, he needs to spend some time in the weight room and put on some muscle before he goes against any starting SF in this men's league.
    And DD is basically the same as those other two (DD - 6'7, 216 lbs, Fields 6'7 215), so put DD on the bigger guy .. whats wrong with that?

People get all caught up in SG/SF - they are basically the same position. The key is to have guys that counter balance each other - and Fields and DD dont, cause neither can shoot. This is a HUGE problem.

Its at least encouraging to hear you two suggest your logic, cause maybe it gives a bit of a glimspe into wtf Casey is thinking.

Ross is a stud, who you just spent your #8 pick on in a loaded draft (ahead of Drummond and others). AA is a d-leaguer and LF was NYK's 8th man. If you want this team to go anywhere .. play Ross.

Comment

I think if the team is still have trouble at the 3 and 4, by the 25-30 game mark, we need a shakeup. I'm starting to think with Lowry and DD being our best weapons so far, we can't have a volume shootin' no reboundin' PF. Even with Bargs being one of our best players. And with Lowry and Derozan's athleticism, we need a shooter on the wing, whether it's doing a small trade for J-Rich or Dorell Wright, or orchestrating a big one for Rudy Gay, we need a shooter.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
        And DD is basically the same as those other two (DD - 6'7, 216 lbs, Fields 6'7 215), so put DD on the bigger guy .. whats wrong with that?

People get all caught up in SG/SF - they are basically the same position. The key is to have guys that counter balance each other - and Fields and DD dont, cause neither can shoot. This is a HUGE problem.

Its at least encouraging to hear you two suggest your logic, cause maybe it gives a bit of a glimspe into wtf Casey is thinking.

Ross is a stud, who you just spent your #8 pick on in a loaded draft (ahead of Drummond and others). AA is a d-leaguer and LF was NYK's 8th man. If you want this team to go anywhere .. play Ross.
        I would love to see that as well, there is no denying the players compliment each other well. But do you think the raptors would even consider it?

And did you see derozan get backed down by wallace yesterday? It was downright scary, the same thing is going to happen to ross X2.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          I would love to see that as well, there is no denying the players compliment each other well. But do you think the raptors would even consider it?

And did you see derozan get backed down by wallace yesterday? It was downright scary, the same thing is going to happen to ross X2.
          I sure as hell hope so - and Casey basically suggested it at the oringal press conference when asked if Ross would "replace" Demar, he said no, that they would play lots together and noted DD can play the 3.

Im obviously fine with T Ross getting minutes at the backup 2 also - but one way or the other, the kid needs some run to show what hes got ..

And yes, Wallace is probably the strongest 3 in the league .. but ALL of our guys struggle with someone with that much size (outside of maybe LK).
          Last edited by mountio; Sun Nov 4, 2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I sure as hell hope so - and Casey basically suggested it at the oringal press conference when asked if Ross would "replace" Demar, he said no, that they would play lots together and noted DD can play the 3.

Im obviously fine with T Ross getting minutes at the backup 2 also - but one way or the other, the kid needs some run to show what hes got ..

And yes, Wallace is probably the strongest 3 in the league .. but ALL of our guys struggle with someone with that much size (outside of maybe LK).
            if LK was in mid season form I think a line-up of

lowry
            derozan
            LK
            ED
            Val

is the best we could hope for.

Comment

Yeah sure, move DD over there to deal with the Wallaces and Melos of the league. He's finally beefed up enough to be assertive enough in creating an advantage in size and strength against most SGs, and you suggest move him over to guard and be guarded by players bigger ans stronger than him,,,,,, because it's important to not delay Ross getting time in a couple of games?

It's 2 effen games! I think I'll put a little more faith in Casey's judgement of when to give Ross minutes at this point in his career, over anyone here. He's not a beast a la Lebron, Dwight, etc. He's a skinny college kid who just may need a little more tutoring, beyond 2 games into a 82 games season, before Casey feels he should send him out there against players like Joe Johnson, Wallace, Paul George, etc.. Krist, take a pill, his chance will come. Shyt, for example, do you know what Kobe's minutes were in his first 10 games in the league? 6,3,7,17,8,5,6,7,14,8. That's Kobe for gawd sakes! By the end of the year, his average was 15 minutes. T Ross's time will come. Senseless to be demanding he get thrown out there more, two effen games in!
              Sorry if that response is a little too aggressive, but the volume of angst over two close games vs highly regarded teams, is beyond comprehension to me. Remember, these games are also the first two games that Casey and the coaching staff have to work with this new collection, in real games, yet despite the inexperience, a minor tweek here and there and they're 2-0.

The #8 pick is not wasted after 2 effen games.

Comment

I wouldn't have any issues with AA starting at this point.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ill eat my words on AA/ T Ross. AA had a very good game .. T Ross looked scared.

Still think you gotta give T ross run .. but it was the right call tonight

Comment

Maybe Bargnani should come off the bench because he plays better with Calderon than Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                    X