No announcement yet.

Calm the eff down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was not intended to you p00k. Just to those who are not happy with finally having basketball back and having a team that actually cares and players who truly wants to be in Canada!

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
      That was not intended to you p00k. Just to those who are not happy with finally having basketball back and having a team that actually cares and players who truly wants to be in Canada!
      I understood. To paraphrase a one time American coach of the Calgary Flames, who's love was of hockey, and he felt this way every day there was a hockey game, "It's a great day for basketball!' Yes, beats the hell out of this time last year. 2 games down, 80 to go!!!

Comment

I'll never really understand the mindset that improving (i.e. becoming a playoff team) is worthless and stupid because then you are stuck in mediocrity. Being a regular playoff team, even if it' a mediocre one, is a hell of a lot better than being bad. If all you had to do to be elite was tank for a few years then why isn't Golden State a contender by now? Charlotte? The Bucks?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          It would be worth the time to visit Basketball-Reference.com and look at the teams currently in the playoffs. Then go back to the 1999-2000 season and click the 'next season' button until present time. I think you will be hard pressed to find teams that went from 20 wins to 45 wins in one season. Sure it has happened (hell it even happened in Toronto) but it is extremely rare and often temporary. If the goal is to compete for deep playoff runs, then slow and steady is likely to win the race.
          and once again Matt has the right idea. Its not either we are a winning team or a losing team. We either expect a lose, or expect a win. The truth is, a team is a complex organic, growing, entity. Its happened that without touching the core units, a team has jumped 10 wins, or dropped 20 wins. Everything from the connections between 2 particular players, or tension in the locker room, or the coaches effectiveness in gathering respect from his players, dictates how well the season goes, and the win total.

A team needs to be put in a proper environment with a strong foundation, encouraging a specific culture. We need a team where everyone knows their roles, and has the talent to compete. I believe that the culture, now with Dwayne Casey is exactly where we want it to be at this moment. Our potential talent is also high enough to compete.

Lowry, Bargnani, Derozan, JV. all of them are younger than 27, all of them have some serious talent. Lets allow that talent to flourish with Casey's new culture, and THEN judge if we are stuck in mediocrity.

If you want to be stuck in mediocrity, try having a high turnover rate for players on your team each year. Changing 8 players every season is a great way to consistently watch an unfinished product. Lets stop calling for heads to roll, and let this team play.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
            How many wins? I dunno, like 10 maybe. So we could have had a shot at drafting a legit franchise player to build around. Hey you guys are thrilled with his performace? Great. I hope you are right. I disagree, and that makes me a troll, a spoiled child, or whatever. I am just not happy with many of his moves, with how he justifies them, and I don't believe that the Toronto Raptors will will a championship with Bryan Colangelo as GM. Agree to disagree. You don't have to be a dick about it.
            lol no offense but why the hell are you even a Raptors fan? Go love bandwagon the Lakers or the Nets if you want to be a fan of a winning team. Some fans are just f-ing stupid it's ridiculous. No one is asking you to like the Raptors. If you're so into winning blowout games, go be a fan of the Heat and not be a Raptors fan. Just because you're a Canadian, no one is making be a Raptors fan...

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Lowry, Bargnani, Derozan, JV. all of them are younger than 27, all of them have some serious talent. Lets allow that talent to flourish with Casey's new culture, and THEN judge if we are stuck in mediocrity.
              How I would love to add Rudy Gay to that mix.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                How I would love to add Rudy Gay to that mix.
                And leave out Bargnani =)
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

bargnani is not even in his prime..... 26!! I see him for the next 3 years getting much more refined, youre going to love him on our team very soon.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    bargnani is not even in his prime..... 26!! I see him for the next 3 years getting much more refined, youre going to love him on our team very soon.
                    The thing is that Bargnani needs a couple good game where he scores like 20+ points and gets like 6+ rebounds. He needs that confidence boost cuz right now, he has absolutely no confidence in shot right now. I remember when the season started last year, Bargnani played with so much confidence in his shot and even his defense started to improve along with offense. He needs that extra confidence boost. Once he gets his confidence back after getting some 20+ games and some wins, I'm pretty sure he'll go back to the way he was last season.

Comment

Working...
                    X