Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HoopsWorld.com: 50 NBA Predictions for 2012-13 (Raptor references)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoopsWorld.com: 50 NBA Predictions for 2012-13 (Raptor references)

Raptor references in the article. Note Joel Brigham is the author.

26. The Toronto Raptors will be the best Eastern Conference team not to make the postseason.
    37. Jonas Valanciunas, however, will be named to the All-Rookie first team.
    42. Despite their apparent logjam at point guard, the Toronto Raptors will not trade Jose Calderon this season.

I hope #42 is proven false as a result of #44.... a guy can dream, right?

44. Rudy Gay will be traded, but not until at least half of the Memphis Grizzlies’ regular season games have been played.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/50-nba-pre...012-13-part-2/

like i said before, doug smith was on prime time and said the raptors are really high on rudy gay
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Raptor references in the article. Note Joel Brigham is the author.

I hope #42 is proven false as a result of #44.... a guy can dream, right?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/50-nba-pre...012-13-part-2/
      Sing it Otis:

LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
        like i said before, doug smith was on prime time and said the raptors are really high on rudy gay
        Ummm, I think the ENTIRE league is high on Gay. An expiring deal in Calderon's. A guy can dream right?
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Someone should organize and deliver a petition to BC demanding he offers Memphis something serious for Rudy Gay!
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Someone should organize and deliver a petition to BC demanding he offers Memphis something serious for Rudy Gay!
            I have a feeling BC is working on his own petition and delivering it to the Memphis front office.

I wonder how they'd feel about Calderon, Ross, Davis, up to $3M cash, and a couple of 2nd round picks for Gay, Ellington, and Selby? That is likely the best the Raps could offer. With Z-Bo and Gasol, I doubt they'd want Bargnani. Ross is a 3 and D prospect at the SG which is something they need, Tony Allen could play SF. They'd shed $4M in salary this season and take them below the luxury tax saving them money and also making them eligible for the new revenue sharing. They'd be down to around $63M in committed salary for next season vs. the $80M right now.

Cleveland could make an offer but it would be more centered on draft picks (their own, Miami, and protected Sacramento) as I doubt the Cavs have any players that appeal to the Grizz that the Cavs would part with.

Comment

Hmm, are the savings + ed + ross really enough to get Gay?
              I think it can work, Ive seen weirder stuff in the past. Ed is starting his season out strong, I can only hope Ross flashes enough potential by mid-season to attract the Grizzlies.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think the only thing that'd stop the Grizz from making that trade is that they'd likely want a replacement wing that can play right now. All the Raps would need to do would be involve a 3rd team like the Suns, who could send Dudley to the Grizz in exchange for (likely) Ed Davis and maybe one of the second rounders or Selby. That way the Grizz would get Dudley at a good price for now, Ross for later, and solid cap relief without having to worry about paying Davis.

Just an off the top of head example, but you get the idea.

Comment

At this point I would like a three team deal with another team taking Bargs is the way to go. With Gay, DeMar, Lowry, and in time Jonas we should have enough scoring, and it would be nice to have a prototypical PF out there.

Comment

#26 is wrong, because Toronto WILL make the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                    X