Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top NBA Back-courts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    The backcourt consists of two people. I don't understand what your point is. Houston added Harden, just like Denver added Iggy. Would Ty/Afflalo have made the list?
    Lin/Harden - Not making it.
    Lawson/Afflalo - Not making it.

Reason? Because Lawson is a good point guard, while the other in Afflalo is a HUGE drop-off.

That's a reason why I didn't include Lin/Harden. Lin is an overrated guard. Solid starter AT best. Both guys need to hold their own.
    If people will hate on me for including OKC & Boston back-court, it's because the talent of one of their guys makes up for the entire back-court. Westbrook and Rondo are top 5 point guards in the league. It's obvious that Westbrook/Rondo > Lawson/Lin.

And to the constant questions of "Isn't Chalmers and Wade the back-court?" Yes, technically speaking, but I included LeBron as the guard for he initiates the offense. Technically, the back-court is made up of the point guard and shooting guard, but that back-court is just based on how I think. Hopefully that answers things, and remember, this is all just MY opinion. I'm asking others for their opinions.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Lin/Harden - Not making it.
    Lawson/Afflalo - Not making it.

Reason? Because Lawson is a good point guard, while the other in Afflalo is a HUGE drop-off.

That's a reason why I didn't include Lin/Harden. Lin is an overrated guard. Solid starter AT best. Both guys need to hold their own.
    If people will hate on me for including OKC & Boston back-court, it's because the talent of one of their guys makes up for the entire back-court. Westbrook and Rondo are top 5 point guards in the league. It's obvious that Westbrook/Rondo > Lawson/Lin.

And to the constant questions of "Isn't Chalmers and Wade the back-court?" Yes, technically speaking, but I included LeBron as the guard for he initiates the offense. Technically, the back-court is made up of the point guard and shooting guard, but that back-court is just based on how I think. Hopefully that answers things, and remember, this is all just MY opinion. I'm asking others for their opinions.
    Afflalo is a (very) good defender and certainly above average on offense (since rookie season lowest 3p% 0,398).

Lin might have been overhyped and overrated, but the response by many (who don't like the Knicks) has been to undervalue him as a reaction. He's looking ok with Houston.

Chalmers, so far this season, is - looking at the stats - getting the ball in his hands to do some playmaking a lot more. Only 4 games of course but 7 assists a game can't be done without getting serious playmaking tasks.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Afflalo is a (very) good defender and certainly above average on offense (since rookie season lowest 3p% 0,398).

Lin might have been overhyped and overrated, but the response by many (who don't like the Knicks) has been to undervalue him as a reaction. He's looking ok with Houston.

Chalmers, so far this season, is - looking at the stats - getting the ball in his hands to do some playmaking a lot more. Only 4 games of course but 7 assists a game can't be done without getting serious playmaking tasks.
    I was going to say the same thing about Chalmers. He's averaging so far more assists per game than Lebron.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Thread Information