Thread: Gettin' some Respect

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic All-Star themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gettin' some Respect

Couldn't think where to post this, might be redundant so feel free to move it.

Feel like the Raps are getting all KINDS more respect after just 3 games, seemingly just due to Lowry's presence. Tuesday marks yet another nationally televised game, as Kamla notes here, which is more than all of last season from what I can remember.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

nice.. thanks man.. the nba analyts fantasy leaguers probably scratching their head for not drafting lowry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote xunknownx wrote: View Post
    nice.. thanks man.. the nba analyts fantasy leaguers probably scratching their head for not drafting lowry
    haha no kidding. In fact, I think Brent Barry took Andrea Bargnani. Would explain why he's asking Lowry to get him better looks!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    haha no kidding. In fact, I think Brent Barry took Andrea Bargnani. Would explain why he's asking Lowry to get him better looks!
    wahahahahahah yeah thats funny LOL

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lock him up already!!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Lock him up already!!
    my thoughts exactly...

Raptors Republic Rookie Afro_Daddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i love to see this.. i tweeted earlier so let me say it again, the raptors have never had a pg like lowry.. he does everything

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
    i love to see this.. i tweeted earlier so let me say it again, the raptors have never had a pg like lowry.. he does everything
    Yeah, I was thinking about this too....the most I could say is that he seems to have a lot of the positives of Alvin and TJ, without so much the negatives (mostly physical).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree he is amazing, but I still don't see him making others better (at least not yet, but it's still early). He looks for his own alitlle too much...just saying...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
    I agree he is amazing, but I still don't see him making others better (at least not yet, but it's still early). He looks for his own alitlle too much...just saying...
    I would much rather deal with Lowry's deficiencies than continue with Jose's.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
    He took ten shots...

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Michel G wrote: View Post
    He took ten shots...
    Not to mention hes been on fire. Most PG's go shot crazy when they are on fire the way Lowry has been. But he's keepin it cool, props to him

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like fact he does everything hard. If makes a mistake it's going to be done hard. He only knows one speed.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little scared with the way he plays though. He's all out. Alot like Brett Lawrie of the Blue Jays.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I'm a little scared with the way he plays though. He's all out. Alot like Brett Lawrie of the Blue Jays.
    Agreed. Not complaining about his game at all. Just saying that I get nervous every time he hits the ground hard (which seems to be often).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Not complaining about his game at all. Just saying that I get nervous every time he hits the ground hard (which seems to be often).
    Same. But I also get a shit-eating grin on my face every time he launches a deep 3. Even when he misses, I'm just thinking "you bitches just got LUCKY!" Can't remember feeling that way since VC was doing his thang back in the day.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he makes everyone better. I don't see him as ever being a huge assist guy, but he runs the team just fine and the offence is good with him in the game, so he's doing things right. In the end he's score-first when he drives the lane and so he doesn't end up with a lot of assists out of his aggression, but the team absolutely benefits. The question is what happens if/when he goes cold - does he adjust and create more opportunities or do things go all TJ Ford out there?

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superchunk wrote: View Post
    ...I don't see him as ever being a huge assist guy, but he runs the team just fine and the offence is good with him in the game, so he's doing things right....
    So far he's averaging 7 assists a game. Tied for 11th in the league. If Bargnani hadn't been shooting 32%, and Fields 21% he'd be tied for 5th.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    So far he's averaging 7 assists a game. Tied for 11th in the league. If Bargnani hadn't been shooting 32%, and Fields 21% he'd be tied for 5th.
    7 is good, but not huge, and it's right around what I would expect from him. Just saying I wouldn't expect him to be better than 10th in the league in assists but he may well be better than 10th best point guard - I just don't see him being an assist machine.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyle Lowry. This guy really is something... The last time I felt we have a sure fire star was when Bosh was here, and he wasn't even that great in my opinion. Kyle seems to have an edge.

Thread Information