No announcement yet.

Gettin' some Respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he makes everyone better. I don't see him as ever being a huge assist guy, but he runs the team just fine and the offence is good with him in the game, so he's doing things right. In the end he's score-first when he drives the lane and so he doesn't end up with a lot of assists out of his aggression, but the team absolutely benefits. The question is what happens if/when he goes cold - does he adjust and create more opportunities or do things go all TJ Ford out there?

Comment

Superchunk wrote: View Post
      ...I don't see him as ever being a huge assist guy, but he runs the team just fine and the offence is good with him in the game, so he's doing things right....
      So far he's averaging 7 assists a game. Tied for 11th in the league. If Bargnani hadn't been shooting 32%, and Fields 21% he'd be tied for 5th.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Agreed. Not complaining about his game at all. Just saying that I get nervous every time he hits the ground hard (which seems to be often).
        Same. But I also get a shit-eating grin on my face every time he launches a deep 3. Even when he misses, I'm just thinking "you bitches just got LUCKY!" Can't remember feeling that way since VC was doing his thang back in the day.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          So far he's averaging 7 assists a game. Tied for 11th in the league. If Bargnani hadn't been shooting 32%, and Fields 21% he'd be tied for 5th.
          7 is good, but not huge, and it's right around what I would expect from him. Just saying I wouldn't expect him to be better than 10th in the league in assists but he may well be better than 10th best point guard - I just don't see him being an assist machine.

Comment

Kyle Lowry. This guy really is something... The last time I felt we have a sure fire star was when Bosh was here, and he wasn't even that great in my opinion. Kyle seems to have an edge.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
            X