Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Roy is a fan of Ross

Roy took a liking to Ross quickly.

“When I first got to see him, I thought he was a really good player, I didn’t know how long he would stay in college, he had that kind of (quality) game,” he said.

Roy’s instincts proved correct when Ross left the Huskies after two seasons and became the eighth pick of the 2012 NBA Draft. Roy stayed four years at Washington and went on to become rookie of the year in the NBA. That won’t happen for Ross, but Roy says he shouldn’t worry about it

“(I’ll) tell him don’t pay attention to not playing much now, you’ll have a long career and once he figures it out, he’s going to be a very talented player.”

Read more: http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/04...orter-in-roy-2
    It's pretty surprising how a former 3-time All-Star in Roy would be such a fan of Ross. I really hope Ross has as good of a career as Roy hopes he has...

teehee that made me smile
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Me too

Comment

They're both Washington area guys So I'm not surprised but it's still nice to hear
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Because of the irony? Long career, Roy...

Nice words from Brandon, though. Let's hope Ross pans out.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
            They're both Washington area guys So I'm not surprised but it's still nice to hear
            +1

Alma Mater stick together like white on rice. I'm sure Rudy Gay once had the same praise for Hasheem Thabeet

Comment

Any positive feed back is good feed back. I would like to see Casey find more minutes for him. Less 2 PG's on the floor at a time and more Ross.

Comment

Dwayne Casey as well lives in Seattle and has access to the univ. there...so was in a position to get any special insights into Ross.

Comment

T Ross is the next Brandon Roy!

Comment

Remember when Kobe was raving about DeMar?

Hopefully he continues his recent play and finally starts to justify it...

Comment

We need to see more of T-Ross on the floor. Seeing the Calderon/Lowry back-court is getting on my nerves, for it gives up too much size defensively. It's only effective for a short period of time, while coach Casey thinks otherwise.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                      X