Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rudy Gay vs Josh Smith....whom would your want the Raps to target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Calderon, JL3, T. Ross. We aren't subject to playing the starting 5 at all times are we?
    You'd give those 3 big minutes in a playoff series? 2 of them play the same position as the one guy that can hit the 3, and playing 2 of Lowry, Calderon and Lucas in a small ball lineup would instantly negate any defensive gains Smith brings.

Comment

@Nilanka

I respectfully disagree with you. Having Smith does not account for all the benefits a deep bench has. In fact an arguement could be made that we would be a lot worse, and certainly 1 injury away from the lottery.
      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
        @Nilanka

I respectfully disagree with you. Having Smith does not account for all the benefits a deep bench has. In fact an arguement could be made that we would be a lot worse, and certainly 1 injury away from the lottery.
        Smith alone doesn't replace a deep bench. But Smith AND Gay? That's as fierce a starting unit we can ever dream of.

Injuries are a worry. But no more so than any elite teams who rely heavily on their star players.

Comment

Dunno if this is the thread for this, but id rather move bargs and whoever (Calderon?) for a real post playing big like Jefferson. Being able to throw the ball in and get points (nevermind the rebounding) is key when the team is struggling to score. I salvitate at the number of putback baskets we'd get between A-Jeff and flying V.

Jefferson has his own defensive deficiencies but what he provides in rebounding and scoring in the paint i feel negates it enough.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Dunno if this is the thread for this, but id rather move bargs and whoever (Calderon?) for a real post playing big like Jefferson. Being able to throw the ball in and get points (nevermind the rebounding) is key when the team is struggling to score. I salvitate at the number of putback baskets we'd get between A-Jeff and flying V.

Jefferson has his own defensive deficiencies but what he provides in rebounding and scoring in the paint i feel negates it enough.
            Well that solves it then. We'll get 4 teams in on this trade and in the end the Raps will have:

Lowry
            DD
            Gay
            Jefferson
            JV

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

This strategy seemed to work well for the Pacers (by acquiring West). Jefferson might realistically be available this year being an unrestricted free agent....and with Utah being pretty high on Favours and Kanter.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                This strategy seemed to work well for the Pacers (by acquiring West). Jefferson might realistically be available this year being an unrestricted free agent....and with Utah being pretty high on Favours and Kanter.
                Millsap is available too, apparently for a guard. Kleiza to Denver, Chandler to Utah, Millsap to Toronto. Add some draft picks and/or cash, as needed to appropriately sweeten the pot and get it done.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Millsap is available too, apparently for a guard. Kleiza to Denver, Chandler to Utah, Millsap to Toronto. Add some draft picks and/or cash, as needed to appropriately sweeten the pot and get it done.
                  I'm not sure if there is a full understanding of just how good Milsap is.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                    I'm not sure if there is a full understanding of just how good Milsap is.
                    Definitely agree.

Comment

i kinda want J Smoove cause Primo Pasta has been playing like shit

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        By the way, i did a little research and found out that Jefferson is a UFA after this season. He should be Raps #1 target in my opinion.
                        Big Al! AL and Val toughest frontcourt in the league.

Comment

Kleiza to denver for chandler, straight up.
                          caldy to utah for jefferson, straight up.

Lowry
                          DD
                          Chandler
                          Jefferson
                          JV

Bench:
                          Bargs
                          JL3
                          Ross
                          Davis
                          Amir

Bargs or amir would have to be traded. If you amnestied Amir think of the bench scoring you could have with Bargs.

Pipe dream, i know.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I am quite certain that no move is imminent (for good reason), but I'll say that trading for Smith does NOT make sense. First of all, he's a UFA after the season, so we'd have to be sure we could sign him long term. Second of all, Atlanta is not going to take Bargnani, his contract is too many years and too much money for a team clearly trying to create cap space to make a run at a star (ie CP3). So you'd have to likely give up Jose, Davis and picks for a guy you're not sure will be around for more than a season. Too much to give up, and too risky.

Comment

Sign Big AL. Bench Bargnani or ship him back to italy

Comment

For me, looking at how we've been struggling a bit defensively, I would like to go with Jose Smith.

Rudy Gay IS an underrated defender, but I feel, the assets trading off to the receiving team would be too much if it were for Gay. Josh Smith for Andrea Bargnani + asset (Ross/Anderson) + Four 2nd round picks. > Gay + asset (Selby, Wroten) for Calderon + Derozan/Ross + Amir/Ed + Four 2nd Round Picks.

Josh Smith under Coach Casey not only would it be a dream for Casey, but Smith would be held accountable for the shots and offense he is taking. People are wondering that being on a team, asking him to hold a big role, may be too shot happy, but I feel this team will hold a guy like J. Smith accountable.

Josh Smith isn't your ideal 3 point shooter no doubt, but he is capable of hitting the open shot, not to mention he's a great paint protector, great rebounder, and can play the 3 if you want to play big.

RUDY GAY TRADE:

PG: Lowry
                                SG: Derozan
                                SF: Gay
                                PF: Bargnani
                                C: Valanciunas

Bench:

PG: Lucas/Selby-Wroten
                                SG: Fields/Anderson-Ross
                                SF: Kleiza/McGuire
                                PF: Ed-Amir/Acy
                                C: Gray

JOSH SMITH TRADE:

PG: Lowry
                                SG: Derozan
                                SF: Fields
                                PF: Smith
                                C: Valanciunas

Bench:

PG: Calderon/Lucas
                                SG: Ross-Anderson
                                SF: Kleiza/McGuire
                                PF: Ed/Amir/Acy
                                C: Gray

Just my thoughts
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X